Used Value vs Age

/ Used Value vs Age #371  
That isn't true according to Snopes!
Larry Sanger the co-founder of the online encyclopedia Wikipedia, who left the organization more than a decade ago says; "biased and partial actors have "gamed" the user-edited database, ruining what it was meant to be.

He said that because "Wikipedia allows anonymous contribution, it has been taken advantage of by governments, corporations, criminal entities and other agents who "play the Wikipedia game" to create the desired "factual" result on a particular webpage."

/ Used Value vs Age #372  
We have the land mass I'll give you that....but as the norm, government exploitation has the power and the incentives (taxpayers money) to push what is looking more and more like an agenda. At what cost? both monetarily and environmentally. These turbines need massive foundations, rely on China for almost all their components and the efficiency is yet to be determined when all the sums are totaled. Promotion has it's gimmicks and investments will always need that bottom line. So do You put in more windmills to keep up with demand? Of course you do and we have been putting these in by the thousands each year while our country is drowning in a 30 trillion national debt and record high inflation that will only add to that debt.
Some farmers/property owners do get to lease their land for windmills, maybe on land that wouldn't be productive otherwise, but these are large landowners. Middle class working people who's taxpayers dollars are essential (for government) want to see this in their electricity rates..... and they keep going up and will keep going up as long as we promote this green energy hoax. My rates are going up because of windmills and solar .....given the fact that they continue to shut down hydroelectric sources that once provided cheap electrical power to the pacific NW. Again already in place and green. China is buying up land in the Us that may or may not have windmills on them ? Never the less they will own us.
I suppose it's Ok to take up thousands of acres of land dotted with millions of (not always producing power) windmills.... vs say a singular natural gas pipeline under ground as a constant and self-sustaining source of power? Common sense tells you that you have an environmental friendly energy source that is cheap, dependable, and always there. Wind and solar power are supplemental only and almost entirely dependent on China for all the components. So eventual toxic waste is imported into our country for us to deal with.
We should not be beholden to China, a state (communist) controlled nation that seeks world dominance and destruction of America's economic wealth. (well lets say destruction of America's independence first)
Solution; energy independence as provided by our own natural resources.....something we can see in our bottom line not corporate America and their Chinese partners. Wind and solar expansion needs large amounts of real estate ......how much will depend on the hearts and minds of it's citizens. ill fated "progress" can be costly...ask Germany.
Do we really trust an overreaching, corporate bought, government that censures those who disagree, funds "hate America" education, doesn't provide a secure border, ignores the constitution and the rule of law, and manipulates our voting process..?
I totally concur & the biggest investment is buy your congressional leaders! & it's pretty much inside trading so I hear. I'm just not allowed to say it.

/ Used Value vs Age #373  
Having had both pre and post emission tractors, I personally don't see al the negatives about the tractors with emission systems.

A few folks on this forum have a very different opinion.

We need to do all we can to slow climate change and cut emissions

Andy
So with the ice melting up north archaeologists are finding stone tools and weapons with the handles still on them. Thawing out being on the ground as they were left centuries ago. Losing the ice in Norway
Exposed a road buried in ice over 1000 years. Tools there on the ground also.

So, I would expect we have been living in a cool cycle and things are warming back to normal. I mean since it was obviously warmer in ancient times and those people didn't have DEF fluid to purchase.

/ Used Value vs Age #374  
Lower rpm doesn’t always mean less fuel used, especially if the engine is designed to operate efficiently at an rpm that works with other emissions equipment.
I have both a non tier 4 tractor a nd a newer tier 4 Close to the same size i can tell you for a fact that running the same amount of time mowing or tilling the tier 4 burns way more fuel.

/ Used Value vs Age #375  
yes sir captain Narrative
I checked my head this mourning and it was quite intact. i even did a brain test and passed (C-) I guess i have some learning to do and at my age whoa!) Seems i survived on Common sense, logic and reason? (so far) maybe a bit of skepticism as well
so after that test I have a decent (at least not willfully blind) grasp on the difference between propaganda and the truth, I have roughly 300 non-fiction books in my library...(the old school method).. science, history, rural living, documentary etc., I pick authors that have credible backgrounds and most importantly an independent thought process. It's not always easy to spot a phony or an agenda driven narrative but with scrutiny it cleans things up a bit. Since I'm retired I have the time to dig and verify.
Seeking the truth takes a lot of time these days. I never had the time to do it when i was both working and homesteading my land. Hence I plead guilty to complacency/ignorance in those times....what do you spend your time on? maybe your job, raising a family, taking care of your life?....
If i want fiction I'll turn on cable news or go online and google "truth". Wikipedia= dominated by political injections. I don't have a blind eye and that bothers people like you so you discredit and bully. Propaganda comes from people in control or ones that think they are. I'm a pretty insignificant old guy and would be very happy if what I was saying wasn't true.

"propaganda"? talk about calling the kettle black. BOOM!
Your arguments regarding energy production were true; a decade ago.

/ Used Value vs Age #376  
Can we stop the right wing cable propaganda nonsense and get back to tractor discussions?

/ Used Value vs Age #377  
Having had both pre and post emission tractors, I personally don't see al the negatives about the tractors with emission systems.

Andy
We all want clean air but still have to have a bottom line we can be comfortable with. Everything they mandate puts added cost on the owner. Plus maintenance, trouble shooting and sometimes operation gets more complicated and time consuming.....My tractor is tier 4 compliant but these have been in phases and the regens are the latest. It would have added about 2,300$ to the cost. For me that was a factor..I guess many including me realize that these environmental guardians never stop moving the goalposts and we might get forced into a tax, registrations, etc. down the road. All of a sudden you don't own your equipment anymore. It just never ends.

Last edited:
   / Used Value vs Age #378  
Can we stop the right wing cable propaganda nonsense and get back to tractor discussions?
Well, calling out the “Right Wing” seems like a Left Wing response, but i agree with you in principle. Seems there are about 5 threads in the last 10-15 that have turned into “political” discussions. I find it entertaining. And, I figure if real tractor discussion needs to happen, a new thread will emerge.
FAE63056-FDEF-4940-A1C7-4EA38FC49121.jpeg

/ Used Value vs Age #379  
Well, calling out the “Right Wing” seems like a Left Wing response, but i agree with you in principle. Seems there are about 5 threads in the last 10-15 that have turned into “political” discussions. I find it entertaining. And, I figure if real tractor discussion needs to happen, a new thread will emerge.
View attachment 732331
Thank You for my sat. morning laugh:D:LOL::ROFLMAO::love:. That was a good laugh reminded me of when I watched the 3 stooges & sat morning cartoons , & nothing Trumps a good laugh(y).

/ Used Value vs Age #380  

Andy
The two major offenders of pollution are China and India. Work on those two countries and good luck.
The US has done a great job since the early 70's on cleaning the damage to the environment.