Used R4047

/ Used R4047 #21  
I went to look at it today and was quite impressed. I think there is a grand total of 37 hrs on it! I was also getting the impression that might deal a little:cool2:
The guy who showed it to me was selling it for his brother, he didn't know a whole lot of the operation of it. After calling the local LS dealer we found the valve for the hydraulics for the backhoe doesn't stay locked on...we used a bungee to hold it. The LS dealer said there was a mod to make the valve stay in position. Other than that it was like a new tractor....I'm psyched! Now I have to figure the best way to finance. Any suggestions? Is there anybody who specializes in financing used tractors? I would use my home equity but need to keep that free for right now.

Here's a pic from today
View attachment 440724

Here's a pic

I think that tractor is hot/stolen. You need to let me know where it is so I can buy - I mean investigate it. :)

/ Used R4047
I think that tractor is hot/stolen. You need to let me know where it is so I can buy - I mean investigate it. :)

:eek: I'll let you know where it is right after I pick it up :laughing:

/ Used R4047 #23  
:eek: I'll let you know where it is right after I pick it up :laughing:

I think you will be miserable with that. It will be too big and too powerful. Once you realize this we might be able to work out a trade for my R3039 w/backhoe (and the uber subframe for the backhoe I'm currently building) ;)

/ Used R4047 #25  
Do you have a 401k at work? Borrow against it and pay yourself back.
That is bad thought maybe if you were a to lose your home but for a tractor not unless I knew 100% what tomorrow brings.

/ Used R4047
That is bad thought maybe if you were a to lose your home but for a tractor not unless I knew 100% what tomorrow brings.

This !^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

/ Used R4047 #27  

Some would say it would be using 'your' money now before the global collapse ... which if it happened would mean it would totally go away so why not make it work for you now. I'm not saying it's a good idea ... just saying it's an idea. OP has to decide based on his situation.

*Edit: I'm obviously not a financial advisor!:eek:

**Edit2: Wow, that does suck. I've heard of co-workers doing it but didn't know the details so I just looked them up real quick.
1. If you lose you job you have like 60 day to repay the money (that's the biggest one to me).
2. You have to pay income tax plus 10% penalty so could be 30+ %.
3. ... plus forfeit potential earnings while paying back loan (I knew that one).

Last edited:
   / Used R4047 #28  
Some would say it would be using 'your' money now before the global collapse ... which if it happened would mean it would totally go away so why not make it work for you now. I'm not saying it's a good idea ... just saying it's an idea. OP has to decide based on his situation. *Edit: I'm obviously not a financial advisor!:eek: **Edit2: Wow, that does suck. I've heard of co-workers doing it but didn't know the details so I just looked them up real quick. 1. If you lose you job you have like 60 day to repay the money (that's the biggest one to me). 2. You have to pay income tax plus 10% penalty so could be 30+ %. 3. ... plus forfeit potential earnings while paying back loan (I knew that one).
So does that mean you would do it?
Edit: For a tractor.