Used backhoes

/ Used backhoes #11  
Agreed that Terex is a steel at 16k. Got to be something wrong with it. The only problem I heard with Terex's is that they have a lot of electrical gremlins. If it was closer, I would by it just to flip it. Dam they r asking 30 k for played out JD 110's that r half of that machine.🍻

/ Used backhoes #12  
Agreed that Terex is a steel at 16k. Got to be something wrong with it. The only problem I heard with Terex's is that they have a lot of electrical gremlins. If it was closer, I would by it just to flip it. Dam they r asking 30 k for played out JD 110's that r half of that machine.🍻

Maybe. Could be a scam with no phone number. Hours aren’t listed, either. Might have 10,000 hours on it. Also says “91 inch backhoe bucket“. Clearly its a 91” front end loader bucket.

Be a heck of a deal-even has aux hydraulics on dipper for thump or compactor or boom mower.

Although most TBN members don’t have the need for larger machines, I never cease to be amazed at what is paid for the tiny machines compared to the big ones.

“smallness” is an up charge.

I frequently see used, less popular brands of backhoes for under $20,000. I see a lot of Case 580C, D & K’s for $15,000 and they even have a cab with glass & heat, too.

Last edited:
   / Used backhoes #13  
I paid $3400 USD for my well used Case 580 CK. The pins are still tight, she has plenty of leaks but she works and runs great. I am replacing hoses as I need too. I don't mind too much, it was affordable and does everything I want it too. I know I can get my initial investment back anytime I need too. It has already paid for itself with a few projects. Many folks around here will buy equipment for a project and sell it afterwards. I like having the capability.

Last edited:
   / Used backhoes #14  
The problem with the Terex units is that they're nearly orphaned in terms of parts & service. Dealers aren't generally too close (depends on your location, of course) and parts are either obsolete or very tough to get & expensive.

/ Used backhoes #15  
I can attest to the difficulty of parts and service for a Terex TLB. If you chat with Terex about it, they send you to Mecalac which they will tell you to talk to Terex/Fermec. The reality is, you are on your own. If you are handy, could be a decent deal. I was originally in the market for a Case 580.

/ Used backhoes #16  
$25k should get you a good machine. And something a bit newer than a 1989. Look around, you'll find some more. Case, Cat (kinda premium price), Ford/ New Holland are all good and parts are readily availible. I'm a bit partial to the old Ford 555.
Yeah but it's a 4x4 cat. Never seen a 4x4 555 Ford.

/ Used backhoes #17  
They're not as common as the 2wd Fords, but you'll seen them for sale around here from time to time. Most of the 4x4's are 655s though.

/ Used backhoes #18  
I decided I want a used backhoe for clearing some spruce stumps. What are some things to look for. Size, are there many different types of drivetrain/transmission as with tractors, shuttle, manual, hydro, etc...I'm looking to spend around 25000, for instance I found a 4x4 1989 cat 426B for $27000.00 canadian. Thanks for any help
That CAT seems like a good one. Does it have three sticks to control boom and foot pedals for swing? Plus it's 4x4.

Attachments

• IMG_20220820_150338.jpg
    IMG_20220820_150338.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 89
   / Used backhoes #19  
One of the toughest things to to find is aux hydraulics or AC cab on the older ones. The newer ones its more common.
Nice for 4/1 bucket or power sliding pallet forks out front or hammer, thumb out back.

/ Used backhoes #20  
I've ran quite a few backhoes of different brands and when it comes to backhoes I really like Case.
I don't like Case wheel loaders, to me they are more of a light duty machine, but I'd put a Case backhoe against any other brand. And they can be found for decent prices.

I know people that bought those Terex backhoes new because they were so cheap, but everyone seemed to have issues with them. I think a lot of electronic issues.