Update on Speed III

/ Update on Speed III #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Here's a third update on the speed/loading issue.

There were some problems corrected a few days ago, but unfortunately networking problems still exist. Tonight the main circuit this site is on will go down at about 12:00AM EST and will be probably be down for an hour+. Essentially the site will be going through a new circuit that should be 'up to speed'. Part of the complication is that the server was being moved to a new building (and this all happening in Seattle) ... obviously when the server got moved, the stability/speed of the previous circuit wasn't maintained. Now we're trying to get that stability and fast speed back.

In simple terms, it is being fixed. Once again I apologize for the service being slow, and promise that it will be restored to full speed just as soon as possible... hopefully tonight.

Thanks for your patience and understanding...

msig.gif

/ Update on Speed III #2  
Muhammad -

We're usually quick to tell you when performance is poor, but much slower to tell you when it's good. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Just wanted to let you know that response times and downloads have been quite decent today. Just lucky? Or were the mods successful?

HarvSig.gif

/ Update on Speed III #3  
Muhammad,

Like Harv, I found the site performance to be much better. Thanks for all the work yo put into it!

DaveV

/ Update on Speed III #4  
Ditto to what the others have said.
The speed now is cranking with no lags--it's great--
Gordon

/ Update on Speed III #5  
Yep, like the other guys said, mucho better./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Update on Speed III
All good to hear... that we're finally back to speed. Thanks for the feedback! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

/ Update on Speed III #7  
I haven't been on for a few days. Man 'o man---this is the best speed and response I have had since the forum started. Bravo Muhammad!

BobT.

A Indiana Boy