Unnecessary Backhoe

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #11  
Given current market trends, you may want to consider selling the whole tractor and get yourself one without the backhoe. Traditionally, that would cost you, but today? Who knows? Just figure out how much you need to make on it and don't take less.

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #12  
Given current market trends, you may want to consider selling the whole tractor and get yourself one without the backhoe. Traditionally, that would cost you, but today? Who knows? Just figure out how much you need to make on it and don't take less.
That is really worth considering. Even if it costs you a couple of grand...you wind up with a new tractor and full warranty.

In the three years I have had my tractor I have "needed" the BH once, and made do without one. I currently have a project to dig a 100 yard trench but I can rent a trencher for $300

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #13  
Kubota makes a fair sized 3 point hitch BH with its own hydraulic pump. I used mine to put in 2000’ of electric, water and gas lines through, between and around trees. Utility lines here must be 36” deep. You do not do that with a small trencher. Oh, I forgot the shop field lines, add another 400’. Unless you want to buy or rent a track hoe.

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #14  
May not make a difference to you but it is also been a ballast if you have been lifting much with the loader. You need to factor in the cost to replace that ballast if you need it.

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #15  
I have no idea if undercarrage bracing is model specific on the hoe. Maybe it is a thing to consider selling entire package….only draw back i see is you may get stuck with a tier 4 piece of equipment…..then again, i. Not sure if your unit already is tier 4.
when i purchased mine, i thought long and hard about a backhoe. Glad i didnt do it. I have only rented a mini excavator 2x in 10 years since getting tractor.

and a mini excavator will work circles over a tractor mounted hoe.

i used to own a Case 580 extendahoe. Was an amazing piece of equipment for its time. The excavators i rent are at least 2, maybe 3 times faster at digging. Only thing better on full sized units was backfilling and grading. Was easier on Case machine.

/ Unnecessary Backhoe
Thanks for all the replies. I had been pondering selling the whole thing as mentioned here. I'm going to go talk to the local Bobcat dealer and call my LS dealer that's about an hour away. If they have something I want in stock, I'll either see what they'll give me on trade or buy something new and sell this Kioti.

I'll try to post back in the future what happens. But it may be awhile. Thanks again.

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #17  
The backhoe on a little tractor has limited use, which is probably why it is seldom used. However, if you do not have it, you will need one. In addition to my two tractors, I have a John Deere 310G backhoe. I use it around my property all of the time. I had a pine tree that died and the base was about 14" in diameter. After I cut it down, I used the backhoe to remove the stump in a few minutes. If I did not have the backhoe, I would have spent a few days with a shovel and an ax. I could have then claimed I did not need a backhoe.