Unnecessary Backhoe

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #1  
Tractor
TYM T474
I bought a new DK5310SE a couple of years ago. I had them add the backhoe as part of the deal.

For me, it's been a complete waste of money. The thing is great but I've only used it twice in two years. Once to play around and get a feel for it and the other time to bury my dog.

If I were to even attempt to sell just the backhoe, I assume that framework underneath the frame of the tractor would have to be removed? At least I don't think Kioti's without backhoes come with that framework?

If I don't need to remove it, great. But if so, how in-depth of a project is it? Surely it can't be too bad.

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #2  
I have a DK45 with a KB2485 BH. 2012 model yr. I have never removed the mounting brackets but I would guess eight caps crews would remove both brackets. Removal would also give you added ground clearance maybe 6 or 8 inches max. The hoe assembly slides on and off fairly easy. It's handy when you need it.

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #3  
I didn't get a backhoe since I didn't foresee much digging. But I wish I had bought it. It would get used 80% of the time as a crane.

Bruce

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #4  
   / Unnecessary Backhoe #5  
The big difference is that you can move something without moving the tractor.

Bruce

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #6  
It is that much better than a loader for that?

Not IMO. I use my mini x pretty regularly for a crane but a tractor backhoe is probably worse than a loader for lifting.

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #7  
It is personal usage, I'm sure, but I definitely use the BH more than the FEL as a crane..... and a come-a-long.... and as a backhoe!

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #8  
One thing of importance.... I believe the Kioti and LS BH's are almost identical (they probably are, with just different color paint). When I purchased my TLB setup, I told the dealer to make sure the 'normal' braces (on a tractor not set up for the BH) came with it. I did get 2 braces.... they would normally go where the BH brackets get mounted.

You might want to look into your specific tractor to see if there were indeed other braces normally mounted.

You probably won't have any problem selling it!

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #9  
just to confim the brackets are required for the subframe, if you want to sell it you will need to sell it as a package. as others have mentioned the brackets just interfere with clearance without the benefit of the backhoe. agree you will unlikely have any issues selling it.

/ Unnecessary Backhoe #10  
If you remove the rear backhoe mount from the trans case you will lose the mounting point for the draw bar. Something to think about.