Ugggg Truck problems

/ Ugggg Truck problems #11  
I've been told not to buy any vehicle post 2020.

This 2018 model year truck is gonna be in my stable of vehicles for a - L O N G - time!!
I went out and bought it on a whim one day,, the timing could not have been more perfect.

GM was offering big discounts, and interest rate of 0% on the loan.

L7v3SGR.jpg

/ Ugggg Truck problems #12  
nice rig. use the back seat mostly for passengers or storage? seems every rig now has full 4 door chassis. glad the vehicle fits the bill for you, regards

/ Ugggg Truck problems #13  
About 12 years ago a guy that retired from the same place as
me we were talking about new trucks as he wanted one and I
told him that you get a standard cab V8 standard tranny when
you want to sell it be will almost worthless and he purchased it new
$24k+ and only had approx 13K miles on it and wanted to trade
for something different they offered him $6k. Chevy 2500

willy

/ Ugggg Truck problems #14  
nice rig. use the back seat mostly for passengers or storage? seems every rig now has full 4 door chassis. glad the vehicle fits the bill for you, regards

The rear seat is only for my (four) grandchildren on the odd day that I pick them up from school.
Other than that, this could be a one door vehicle,, the truck is too high for my wife to get in.

No, matter, I am tall, the truck suits me,,
As far as price, I was looking for the smallest 4WD 3/4 ton they had,,
this one was discounted below the price of a "white service truck",, How could I say no,,?? o_O

/ Ugggg Truck problems #16  
About 12 years ago a guy that retired from the same place as
me we were talking about new trucks as he wanted one and I
told him that you get a standard cab V8 standard tranny when
you want to sell it be will almost worthless and he purchased it new
$24k+ and only had approx 13K miles on it and wanted to trade
for something different they offered him $6k. Chevy 2500

willy

Most people that buy these 2500 trucks do so because of the tremendous tax write-off.
That is why the H2 Hummer was sold so extensively,, its high weight put it in the high depreciation-rate class.
LOTS of farmers wives drive 2500 Suburban's,,
Do you think they use that vehicle to pick up the 3,400 pound replacement axle for the combine??
NOPE,, tax write-off.
And they do not care how much gas the vehicle burns,,
another tax write-off.

AND, I think it is actually an ADVANTAGE to get a low trade-in allowance.
If they get a big trade-in on a 100% depreciated vehicle,,
THAT money has to be declared as INCOME!! :oops:

/ Ugggg Truck problems
Brought the F450 in today.. A day early, and they had time to look at it. Diagnosis was that it needs a new valve body in the transmission. My belief is that's not all but I'll give it a shot and see. Hopefully it makes the trip to Fla without issue.

/ Ugggg Truck problems #18  
Brought the F450 in today.. A day early, and they had time to look at it. Diagnosis was that it needs a new valve body in the transmission. My belief is that's not all but I'll give it a shot and see. Hopefully it makes the trip to Fla without issue.

I thought the F450 and F550 got the old tried and true 6 speed transmission.

I haven't had any problems with my F250 and ten speed transmission, but I do like the old 6 speed better.

/ Ugggg Truck problems #19  
I thought the F450 and F550 got the old tried and true 6 speed transmission.

I haven't had any problems with my F250 and ten speed transmission, but I do like the old 6 speed better.
I thought it did, too. When I priced a 2020 F-550, it was a 6-speed.

/ Ugggg Truck problems
2020 was the first year the 10 speed went behind the 6.7 diesel. Mine is the Limited trim level ..but I believe the 10 speed was in all the super duty trucks from 2020 on. I traded a 18 F350 that had the older transmission.. No problems with it at all. I can say that the 10 speed pulling 18K pounds goes through the gears and you don't even feel the shift.