TYM TX 3500 Cannot switch between forward/Natural/Reverse

/ TYM TX 3500 Cannot switch between forward/Natural/Reverse
It is currently stuck in "Forward" and I can drive the tractor. I just can't shift out of "Forward" into natural or reverse.

Iirc, the most likely reason for that problem, if I understand what you are saying correctly, is that the shifter is bound. If you can get it to roll slightly forward or back it should work.
It's in "Forward" and can be driven forward. I cannot however shift out of drive.

/ TYM TX 3500 Cannot switch between forward/Natural/Reverse #13  
Sometimes these shifting shafts that come out of the cases are prone to rusting up. Spray with a penetrating fluid and try to move the shaft.

Sometimes these shifting shafts that come out of the cases are prone to rusting up. Spray with a penetrating fluid and try to move the shaft.
Does it make sense to remove the screw and cover plate and check for rust?
Number 5 & 6

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    192.4 KB · Views: 64
   / TYM TX 3500 Cannot switch between forward/Natural/Reverse #15  
Does it make sense to remove the screw and cover plate and check for rust?
Number 5 & 6
I'm sure it is just a keeper that fits in a slot of the shaft. Removing it would greatly aid the spray getting in and would allow to to look for evidence of rust. I would be careful of the shaft moving in or out with the keeper removed though.

I'm sure it is just a keeper that fits in a slot of the shaft. Removing it would greatly aid the spray getting in and would allow to to look for evidence of rust. I would be careful of the shaft moving in or out with the keeper removed though.
I'll give that a try.... Hold my beer.

Is this where I'd check the transmission fluid level?

Attachments

• IMG_20220923_143851_094~2.jpg
    IMG_20220923_143851_094~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
   / TYM TX 3500 Cannot switch between forward/Natural/Reverse #19  
How are you doing on your tractor repair?