TYM Radiator hose

/ TYM Radiator hose #1  

Wildhorse64

Tractor
John deere/650 TYM T234 HST
I blew my lower radiator hose and the guy at the dealership told me a new one would be $50 and if I had it shipped to me it would be another $30, now $80 seems to be a lot for a hose, my Tractor is a TYM T234 HST, Does anyone know where I can get a hose cheaper?, or can I just use FLEX HOSE?

/ TYM Radiator hose #2  
Take your old hose to Napa. They can probably match something with proper bend that can be trimmed to fit. Probably for $15-20 tops with clamps.

/ TYM Radiator hose
I did that, they had nothing even close.

/ TYM Radiator hose #4  
Not a big fan of flex hose but at least it won't cost $80. Might be worth a try?

/ TYM Radiator hose #5  
Is the bottom hose suction on your tractor? You may be able to make up a hose but, I think that you rapidly start getting to tthe cost of the factory hose.

/ TYM Radiator hose
Is the bottom hose suction on your tractor? You may be able to make up a hose but, I think that you rapidly start getting to tthe cost of the factory hose.
The bottom hose is called an inlet radiator hose, not sure about suction, I was wondering if the flex radiator hose that some people use on cars their building would work?, it runs $13 and up and you can get many different sizes and shape it yourself, I was wondering if anyone has used it for this before?

/ TYM Radiator hose #7  
It is the suction hose then, the water pump pulls water from the radiator, and pushes it into the block.

You can probably use one of the flex hoses, but it has to be able to not collapse under suction.. Most of the flex hoses should work.

/ TYM Radiator hose #8  
A picture would help so we could see the length, number and angle of bends, etc...

Many tractors have very limited space especially the micro / sub compacts like yours often stuff a lot of things in very small place. So... probably very few choices other than the unique one TYM probably shoe horned into the limited space.

My guess is OEM is only route. If straight run / no bends probably lots of options. Short run, aggressive bends much less likely I am guessing.

/ TYM Radiator hose
A picture would help so we could see the length, number and angle of bends, etc...

Many tractors have very limited space especially the micro / sub compacts like yours often stuff a lot of things in very small place. So... probably very few choices other than the unique one TYM probably shoe horned into the limited space.

My guess is OEM is only route. If straight run / no bends probably lots of options. Short run, aggressive bends much less likely I am guessing.
The hose is 16"x2.5x2.5, it does have 2 bends in it and yes it is shoe horned in there with very limited space, I'm going to try a flex pipe I ordered first and see if it will work, the flex pipe is only $15, where as the hose from the company is $50 plus $30 for them to drop ship it to me, so if the flex doesn't work then I'll order the one from the company, just trying to find out if there is something cheaper and the Dealer where I bought the tractor is an ahole, so if I can get one over on him that would be a bonus, anyway nothing ventured, nothing gained, I'll let you know how it worked out and thanks for the help buddy.

/ TYM Radiator hose #10  
The hose is 16"x2.5x2.5, it does have 2 bends in it and yes it is shoe horned in there with very limited space, I'm going to try a flex pipe I ordered first and see if it will work, the flex pipe is only $15, where as the hose from the company is $50 plus $30 for them to drop ship it to me, so if the flex doesn't work then I'll order the one from the company, just trying to find out if there is something cheaper and the Dealer where I bought the tractor is an ahole, so if I can get one over on him that would be a bonus, anyway nothing ventured, nothing gained, I'll let you know how it worked out and thanks for the help buddy.
that really sucks when its so tight as I found that little option but going back to source and paying their price when wiggle room just isn't there.

fingers crossed for your flex hose.