Tires Turf Tire Package?

/ Turf Tire Package? #1  

HoyeTractor

Gold Member, Approved Advertiser
Tractor
Yanmar
My dad wanted a new toy so he restored an ugly YM1610D that we were going to part out. We decided to put some wide turf tires on it so it would not tear up the ground so much and make it more stable on hills. I had some wide custom wheels made and found tires that would maintain the correct 4wd ratio. I think it turned out pretty neat & someone suggested that we offer the complete kit up for sale. I'm just wondering how much, if any, interest there would be in a kit like this before we move forward with it. The kit would include 4 new wheels & 4 new tires and I think it would run around $900 or so. And, if you send your used tires and wheels back to us we would refund you a couple hundred dollars. Any input would be appreciated.

TTK-1500.jpg

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
(940)592-0181
Contact Us

/ Turf Tire Package? #2  
It looks really good, but I like the traction of the regular ag tires. My lots get really muddy after the rain. I'm sure others would be interested if they have grass. I does look a lot smaller, how much ground clearance did you lose?

/ Turf Tire Package? #3  
I went with Industrial tires instead of Turf. I split the difference. I have been happy so far.

/ Turf Tire Package? #4  
Wow!

Those look sweet on that tractor Aaron.

That has to be one of the most frequent questions that I can't answer...."Where Do I Find Truf's/Wheels for my Yanmar XXXX??"

I couldn't say for sure that your initial investment would justify the means, but you'd be the only guy in town that offers this package as an option. What would truck/shipping run on a set to 77532 (so I can spread the word)?

Mark

btw, your Dad did a great job of the cosmetics!

/ Turf Tire Package? #5  
i would be interested in a set for my YM 1500. Let me know when they're available. Thanks

/ Turf Tire Package?
btw, your Dad did a great job of the cosmetics!

Mark, his restoration reminded me of some the pictures I have seen of the tractors that you were restoring. It was completely stripped & almost every part was refinished. He even sleeved the block & did a complete rebuild on it. It runs as good as it looks. Do you still sell tractors Mark?

I will get you a shipping estimate Monday. The kit will be UPSable.

There would not be a huge investment as everything is made here in the USA and can practically be ordered as needed (won't have to stock too much). I guess it would just be a time investment getting all of the sizes, offsets, & bolt patterns figured out.

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
(940)592-0181
Contact Us

/ Turf Tire Package? #7  
WOW! Looks great! I would not be interested in pure turf tires, but I would love to have a choice other than these rice tires. I, too, would be interested in something in between. My rice tires don't even have a scratch on them yet. But I can already see that there is a lot more mental stability in another set of "wider" tires.

/ Turf Tire Package? #8  
Man that is nice!!! Want to swap me even for the 1610D Stan brought me on memorial day;) I might be interested in a package like that later when the 1610D goes to mowing duty but right now I'm too busy with the FEL and box blade. The tractors working beautifully though! She's everything I expected and is a real little workhorse.

/ Turf Tire Package? #9  
good looking set up... while my tractor is much larger .. I would love ( one day) to install a set of industrials on mine