Trying to understand the issue with service

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #52  
I started to buy a Mahindra a few years ago. But by the time I made it back to the dealership they were out of business. Not a case of me moving but of them leaving. In this area it has happened to everyone of the major makers. Closets tractor sales are RK or a rental place that has just started to sell LS.

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #53  
You make a very good point! So many, in this forum and others, have mentioned warranty work and history. Not sure whether RK will be in it for the long haul. And how good is an 8 year warranty if they stop selling tractors in 4? What no one considers is the fact that Rural King "is" in it for the long haul. That they "have" been in it for a long time. They've been in business for almost as long as I've been around. So even "if" they were to stop selling tractors (a very big 'if', based on their approach and marketing), Rural King is still going to be here. They have as much or more history as any other company. And if they are still around, they are required by contract to honor their warranties.

If someone is considering buying a new tractor, look at the specs, compare other brands and consider the cost to make a decision. But as far as history and such, no one mentions that as an issue when considering JD over Kioti, or Kubota over Mahindra. Which company has been around longer than the other? So take that issue off the table and then see what you've got left. You're gonna like these tractors!

I am an RK tractor owner, the 8 year warranty wasn't a big deal for me. I expect RK may stop selling tractors but still remain in business. Do you really think they will still employ a halfway decent tech when they are no longer making money from sales? No way. I don't know what the contract fine print says but even if it legally holds them to service it I would ask you to define "service". I can assure you it wont be the same quality of service they will maintain while selling for long. Warranty service will decay quickly if they stop selling. I figure though they have enough vested in the venture to keep going for a while. I have every hope of never needing any warranty service. I figure whatever my problem will be, it wont be covered by warranty anyway. Man sounds like I'm a pessimist who doesn't trust biz or mechanics. Yup, accurate statement. I try to learn and do whatever I can myself. Burned too many times.

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #54  
I am an RK tractor owner, the 8 year warranty wasn't a big deal for me. I expect RK may stop selling tractors but still remain in business. Do you really think they will still employ a halfway decent tech when they are no longer making money from sales? No way. I don't know what the contract fine print says but even if it legally holds them to service it I would ask you to define "service". I can assure you it wont be the same quality of service they will maintain while selling for long. Warranty service will decay quickly if they stop selling. I figure though they have enough vested in the venture to keep going for a while. I have every hope of never needing any warranty service. I figure whatever my problem will be, it wont be covered by warranty anyway. Man sounds like I'm a pessimist who doesn't trust biz or mechanics. Yup, accurate statement. I try to learn and do whatever I can myself. Burned too many times.

RK is very profitable with RK Tractors and we intend to stay in the tractor business forever. Those of us who left leading and competing OEMs (I have 25 years experience) to be a part of this have committed the rest of our professional lives to RK Tractors. We are profitable and able to sell tractors at the lowest prices because we sell directly to tractor buyers and not dealers. We are a privately owned family business since 1960, have never borrowed money and will never sell our company. Our warranty agreement is as legally binding as is John Deere's or Kubota's. Hopefully you will not need to have warranty service done, but those who have owned tractors know that they are complex pieces of machinery and things can happen. We will honor our commitment to our customers. The 8-year warranty is a big deal to us. We will honor it.

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #55  
I bought a RK55HC last February at the Halls location. Two things were the deciding factor in my purchase, price, and warranty. I put one of the first reviews up on Youtube and a second one that have had a lot of views, one almost 24K now, and that was me that fussed over no toolbox. I bought an action cam and will do some more this year showing it at work. That said, I don't thiink Rural King liked my honest views, and they will hate the next one up. I think it was the store manager at the new store located about 10 miles or so from us that seemed to take offense that I bought mine in Knoxville instead of his store, which wasn't mopened or even told they were coming to Morristown. They didn't like me doing my own service work, apparently they want it brought into the dealership or my warranty could become void. Yet another thing left off when I purchased it. I have gotten to know the young man that sells them at our location and he is honest and knowledgable, I would have rather bought from him. I also met the Mechanic there today, again, honest and knows the products. I have no doubt that if something tears up on it he can repair it. That said, these are suppose to be farm tractors, not automobiles. I can transport hay, have 2 hay floats but I have never transported my tractor and driving it all the way to the store just ain't gonna happen. The Tractors have some serious flaws like the narrow wheelbase makes them unsuited for hills, even going up and down them. The Industrial tires spin a lot, but so far I haven't gotten stuck. If it is to be a farm tractor Agriculture tires are needed. I wasn't told of that option just like I wasn't told they don't deliver them. They also have some great features that they do well. The warranty though, if Rural King thinks people will drive or haul their tractors in or lose the warranty then I will probably sell mine as that is insane. I like the tractor overall and if Rural King stops selling them they are rebranded so parts should still be easy to find. Most things these days are rebranded so to me that isn't an issue. If they don't sell them it will be their own fault and if they are really owned by a farming family they should act like it. Performance wise I am satisfied, except the hill part, but not too satisfied with the my way attitude. This may find it's way to the Massey Ferguson or New Hollard dealer by years end and if it does it will not be the tractor's fault.

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #56  
I bought a RK55HC last February at the Halls location. Two things were the deciding factor in my purchase, price, and warranty. I put one of the first reviews up on Youtube and a second one that have had a lot of views, one almost 24K now, and that was me that fussed over no toolbox. I bought an action cam and will do some more this year showing it at work. That said, I don't thiink Rural King liked my honest views, and they will hate the next one up. I think it was the store manager at the new store located about 10 miles or so from us that seemed to take offense that I bought mine in Knoxville instead of his store, which wasn't mopened or even told they were coming to Morristown. They didn't like me doing my own service work, apparently they want it brought into the dealership or my warranty could become void. Yet another thing left off when I purchased it. I have gotten to know the young man that sells them at our location and he is honest and knowledgable, I would have rather bought from him. I also met the Mechanic there today, again, honest and knows the products. I have no doubt that if something tears up on it he can repair it. That said, these are suppose to be farm tractors, not automobiles. I can transport hay, have 2 hay floats but I have never transported my tractor and driving it all the way to the store just ain't gonna happen. The Tractors have some serious flaws like the narrow wheelbase makes them unsuited for hills, even going up and down them. The Industrial tires spin a lot, but so far I haven't gotten stuck. If it is to be a farm tractor Agriculture tires are needed. I wasn't told of that option just like I wasn't told they don't deliver them. They also have some great features that they do well. The warranty though, if Rural King thinks people will drive or haul their tractors in or lose the warranty then I will probably sell mine as that is insane. I like the tractor overall and if Rural King stops selling them they are rebranded so parts should still be easy to find. Most things these days are rebranded so to me that isn't an issue. If they don't sell them it will be their own fault and if they are really owned by a farming family they should act like it. Performance wise I am satisfied, except the hill part, but not too satisfied with the my way attitude. This may find it's way to the Massey Ferguson or New Hollard dealer by years end and if it does it will not be the tractor's fault.

None of this garble made any sense

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #57  

First of all, thank you for your purchase of the RK55. We've seen your YouTube videos, they look fine to us and we like to see anyone post videos of our tractor in action. Couple of things to clear up. We have many customers that choose to work on their own tractors and that absolutely does not void the warranty. We contacted the store and apparently you spoke to a new technician that gave you incorrect information. We have spoken to him about it and he understands now that customers can work on their own tractors and not void the warranty. As for R1 AG tires, not sure how you were not aware that we offer R1s (with flip-center wheels to widen the stance), it is in all of our brochures, on our website and on the signs next to the tractors at the stores. We even offer R3 turf tires for the RK55 as we have some customers want them for turf care operations. Not many, but some.

Yes, RK was founded and is still managed by the same farm family; corn and beans, central Illinois. They have used tractors of all sizes and many brands through the years, matching the tractor to the specific need as anyone should do. Won't mention the number of acres but we are talking a large Ag operation. People that buy our tractors use them for 1001 different things. Farmers of all types, hay, livestock, dairy, hunters, landscapers, and people that have a few acres and like to maintain their own property. We have the same type of customers that all of the brands we compete with have, but you can buy ours for far less than what you pay for the other brands, and as you mentioned, we have the longest warranty.

Sorry that you received incorrect information about working on your tractor, you are certainly welcome to. Again, thank you sir for buying one of our tractors.

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #58  
I just saw this, thank you. I was shocked when he said they wanted to do the service to keep the warranty valid. The Mechanic there is a good guy and cares very much for what he does. The Salesman there is also good too, wish I had bought from him. Thanks for the advise on the tires, I will do that. They were out of brochures the day we bought ours, sort of a sale we hadn't thought of, but the saleman wasn't pushie, maybe he just didn't know. The young man at the Morristown store is impressive. So far I haven't got stuck and that was the real reason for the tractor. The preformance has been impressive, especially the front loader strength and the weight in the back. The Pedals for front and back are well thought of too.

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #59  
I just saw this, thank you. I was shocked when he said they wanted to do the service to keep the warranty valid. The Mechanic there is a good guy and cares very much for what he does. The Salesman there is also good too, wish I had bought from him. Thanks for the advise on the tires, I will do that. They were out of brochures the day we bought ours, sort of a sale we hadn't thought of, but the saleman wasn't pushie, maybe he just didn't know. The young man at the Morristown store is impressive. So far I haven't got stuck and that was the real reason for the tractor. The preformance has been impressive, especially the front loader strength and the weight in the back. The Pedals for front and back are well thought of too.
I'll agree with you. The tractor folks at the Morristown store seem to be a good team.

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #60  
Couple of things to clear up. We have many customers that choose to work on their own tractors and that absolutely does not void the warranty.

You may want to have a discussion with the store I purchased from. I was told during the paper signing process I must bring the tractor back for its fifty hour service. Didn't bother me as I always do my own maintenance and know you can't void a warranty for self maintenance. Some may not know this however.