Trying to understand the issue with service

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #41  
BTown you seem to spend a lot of time reading about tractors on the internet. You cant believe everything you read. Unless you talk to a real tractor owner, the story may or may not be true. I only take advice from someone that owns or has owned the tractor.

I know you have stated that you have had issues with Cabelas covering warranty problems. I have read that on the internet. Is it not true you had issues? Others have posted they did not. I will say Cabelas left people high and dry with warranty issues they won’t take care of. I think it is wrong. I have never seen Cabelas post anything on the internet about their tractor sales. The Cabelas by me had a shortage of tractors, they could not keep certain models in stock. I went to the store numerous times. They had new Tier IV machines before the only TYM dealer in my state. Cabelas had a good sale price on them when they said they were not going to sell them anymore. I would have bought one but they didn’t have the model I wanted. If RK ever decides to open a store in my state and sell tractors. I would buy one. The only TYM dealer in my state stopped selling them, they picked up the line just before Montana went south. Did I mention that their prices were higher than Cabelas and now another dealer has opened up about 50 miles away.
Does McCormick and Bobcat still stock parts for the Kioti built tractors they used to sell? Can they even order them? I don’t know.

Last edited:
   / Trying to understand the issue with service #42  
Wagtail has been truly blessed with a good dealer. The more I read about the other kind of dealers, the more I think they are more plentiful.

Yes, I reckon that I am blessed with a good dealer... it was conversations with local tractor owners (multiple colours) that steered me to them. Mind you, living on an island tends to make all of the dealerships very customer oriented. Word travels fast in a rural State (with a huge moat around it) and reputation, here, is king. Indeed, I've never heard a negative comment regarding the other colour proprietor/vendors here in Tasmania, only 'who gives that extra bit' of customer service; especially when it comes to keeping their tractors working & producing in the field.

In fact, I've just got back from my shed where my Dealership delivered (Saturday morning after a 2hr, one way, trip) a petrol wood chipper. The chipper was fully wetted-up and the fuel tank was full. I was shown everything on the operation of it. The bloke who delivered it was the same one who sold me my 4105 five years ago.

Shipping costs to Tassie tend to discourage 'shopping' on the mainland. You Mainland/Continental tractor shoppers have the luxury of expanding your search area.

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #43  
Fleet Farm used to be awesome for farm stuff and they employed people who knew how to use that stuff. Now Fleet Farm has a very large clothing and home crap sections and their farm supply has become secondary staffed with minimum wagers who don't understand the stuff anymore. I'm glad we have Tractor Supply - don't know how they are to deal with yet, never had any issues with stuff I've purchased.
TSC has their bolt bins stocked by a 3rd party, which means that when they are out of a bolt (like the 2" fine thread 5/8" bolt that I was looking for this week), but the computer says that they have 3 in stock, customers are SOL until the 3rd party comes in to fix the inventory and re-stock them.

Aaron Z

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #44  
TSC has their bolt bins stocked by a 3rd party, which means that when they are out of a bolt (like the 2" fine thread 5/8" bolt that I was looking for this week), but the computer says that they have 3 in stock, customers are SOL until the 3rd party comes in to fix the inventory and re-stock them.

Aaron Z

They are in the store, just in a bin for 4” course thread 1/2” bolt. I bought them out of some 5 inch 3/8 lag bolts and it took over a month to get more. I had to go to other stores to get some.

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #45  

Aaron Z

Aaron,
Thanks for that information. It seems that I go to TS for nuts and bolts more than any other item.

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #46  
They are in the store, just in a bin for 4” course thread 1/2” bolt. I bought them out of some 5 inch 3/8 lag bolts and it took over a month to get more. I had to go to other stores to get some.
Ah, that makes sense :D. I looked in all the fine thread grade 8 boxes but I didn't look in the coarse thread boxes...

Aaron Z

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #47  
I opted to drive hours to by an rk24. I have a Mahindra dealer 2miles from my house but they are not price competetive, so I opted to drive. From what I can tell, if I need parts, rk will ship them to me. If I have major warrenty issues I can choose to drive hours each way to rk or I can try to pay the local Mahindra dealer (both Mahindra and rk are made by TYM) to perform the work. Note, I don稚 believe rk performs major repairs inhouse anyways.

In any case, I don稚 need the tractor to make a living, if I encounter a problem I will deal with it. I treat my equipment right and I rarely ever encounter issues, I hope my fortune continues with the rk24.

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #48  
What about if you buy a tractor 5 miles from store and then end up moving 500 miles because of work?....what do you do

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #49  
Sell said tractor in the local area before moving, or else make sure that the new home has a nearby dealership

/ Trying to understand the issue with service #50  
I haven't had any issues with service.....