Trying to contact RonMar

/ Trying to contact RonMar #1  

angelugs

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
I've tried to message member RonMar about a post concerning a mod for the in sump hydraulic filter on a 200 series Jinma tractor. Does anyone know if Ron is still around or if they know him well enough to contact him? I've left him a message to contact me. Thanks for any assistance.

/ Trying to contact RonMar #2  
How old was the post?
Which Forum was it in?

RonMar doesn't show up as a member:

Screenshot 2022-09-16 14.52.04.png

/ Trying to contact RonMar
Thanks for your reply. The post I mentioned was in the "Chinese Tractors" forum. Ron was/is classified as an "Elite" member, joined in 2005. He lived in Port Angeles, WA.

/ Trying to contact RonMar #4  
I've changed that screen filter on our FarmPro 2420. It was torn in the tractor. The one i put in was ok but the dealer I got it from said that out of 4 he would receive at least 2 would be bad out of the box. That screen is really fragile and in farm equipment seems like a stupid idea. Luckily ours never gave a problem with the hydraulics in the 15 or so years we owned it.

I've changed that screen filter on our FarmPro 2420. It was torn in the tractor. The one i put in was ok but the dealer I got it from said that out of 4 he would receive at least 2 would be bad out of the box. That screen is really fragile and in farm equipment seems like a stupid idea. Luckily ours never gave a problem with the hydraulics in the 15 or so years we owned it.
Thanks for your reply. I've got a Jinma 284 which I think is basically the same tractor. Mine is 17 yrs. old but less than 100 hrs. I only use it to clear my lanes so it sets in the shed most of the time. Just now checking the hydraulic oil filter in the sump and, like you, found holes in the filter. At $60.00 a whack I thought I'd look for a mod or even purchasing a piece of 100 micron screen and repair the old one. The member I'm trying to contact posted a mod using an aftermarket filter that costs less than $10.00 plus shipping. I'm all about saving $30.00 or more but I need to talk with him about how he modified the old filter unit.

/ Trying to contact RonMar #6  
What you have to be careful of is that you don't get too restrictive on the filter arrangement. I just got the OEM one and it was fine.

I hear what your saying. The member who posted the mod has the same tractor as I have and had been using the mod for sometime. I feel confident he knows what he's talking about. On another note, you didn't by any chance purchase your OEM filter from a vendor named Asian Parts did you? Their pricing is considerably less than anyone else but you do have a longer wait for shipping.

Last edited:
   / Trying to contact RonMar #8  
Ron and I were doing the same thing at the time. I don't remember if we used the same screen, but this is what I used.

Ron and I were doing the same thing at the time. I don't remember if we used the same screen, but this is what I used.

Thanks for the reply. According to Ron's post he was using a different strainer from the same supplier. The reason I'm trying to reach him is he stated he cut the OEM strainer off the tube and welded a 90 degree elbow, then a threaded fitting to accept the new strainer and had it laying horizontal in the bottom of the sump. The problem I'm seeing is the aftermarket strainer is 8 in. in length and I don't see it fitting horizontally in the sump. Does that sound right to you? Just checked "surplus center" and they no longer have the strainer that Ron used so now I'm looking at your setup. Did you use this in a Jinma 284 pre 2006 tractor? I don't recall you having a Jinma.

Last edited:
   / Trying to contact RonMar #10  
Thanks for the reply. According to Ron's post he was using a different strainer from the same supplier. The reason I'm trying to reach him is he stated he cut the OEM strainer off the tube and welded a 90 degree elbow, then a threaded fitting to accept the new strainer and had it laying horizontal in the bottom of the sump. The problem I'm seeing is the aftermarket strainer is 8 in. in length and I don't see it fitting horizontally in the sump. Does that sound right to you? Just checked "surplus center" and they no longer have the strainer that Ron used so now I'm looking at your setup. Did you use this in a Jinma 284 pre 2006 tractor? I don't recall you having a Jinma.
I don't have a Jinma, I have a Yuchai bulldozer. The same nylon suction strainer was used in both applications. My installation was more straightforward because the strainer goes directly into the side of the reservoir at the bottom.
There are all different sizes and configurations of suction strainers, you can find something that will work. Try hydraulic shops, Grainger, McMaster-Carr, etc. If you have the capability, you can install an in-line spin-on suction filter.