Truck Patch Farming

/ Truck Patch Farming #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Maybe this is an American term? But I have never heard of it before and google doesn't even give a definition.

I was watching two episodes of Classic Tractor Fever on RFD TV and two different people used the term "truck patch farming."

What dose it mean?

/ Truck Patch Farming #2  
Maybe this is an American term? But I have never heard of it before and google doesn't even give a definition.

I was watching two episodes of Classic Tractor Fever on RFD TV and two different people used the term "truck patch farming."

What dose it mean?
I've heard it called truck farming. It's basically who sells directly to the consumer , bypassing all of the middlemen.

/ Truck Patch Farming
I've heard it called truck farming. It's basically who sells directly to the consumer , bypassing all of the middlemen.
That makes sense. Thanks. As I had said, I have never heard that term before.

/ Truck Patch Farming #4  
I don't know an exact definition, but when I was young, Saturday was the big day in town. Everybody came to town to buy necessities, get a haircut, and socialize. Truck farmers, who were large scale gardeners, would bring their produce and park their canvas shaded pickups on the square to sell. Some came daily, but Saturday was the big day.

/ Truck Patch Farming
I don't know an exact definition, but when I was young, Saturday was the big day in town. Everybody came to town to buy necessities, get a haircut, and socialize. Truck farmers, who were large scale gardeners, would bring their produce and park their canvas shaded pickups on the square to sell. Some came daily, but Saturday was the big day.
That's pretty much how it is here in my district. Lots of farms, but all are 1000 acres or smaller.
No big mega farms like you see out west or in the States.
And farmers markets set up everywhere or you can just buy at the farms.