Trouble connecting LA203

/ Trouble connecting LA203 #1  

Borthwick

Tractor
Kubota BX1860
I have a BX1860 with an LA203. When I try to attach the LA203’s hydraulic hoses to the tractor, they will not engage the coupling all the way. I have tried all four without success. I have owned this combo for over 12 years and never had this problem before.

/ Trouble connecting LA203 #2  
Sounds like you've got pressure on the hoses and cylinders. With the engine off, did you move the joystick in every direction to be sure there's no pressure on that end. If that doesn't do it, try cracking fittings loose at the loader cylinders to see if you've got pressure on something there just due to the weight of the loader.

/ Trouble connecting LA203 #3  
Sounds like you've got pressure on the hoses and cylinders. With the engine off, did you move the joystick in every direction to be sure there's no pressure on that end. If that doesn't do it, try cracking fittings loose at the loader cylinders to see if you've got pressure on something there just due to the weight of the loader.
That^

But since it's all four hoses I'd be more inclined to think it's pressure in the loader side than on the tractor side. Was it sitting in the sun? Is it hotter than when you took it off? Have you tried first thing in the morning when it's cool? There are ways to relieve pressure in the system you just need to be careful about shielding yourself because no one knows the pressure levels in there....likely very low but you never know.

/ Trouble connecting LA203
Thanks guys. I make it a habit to cycle the valve after turning the tractor off, but I wasn’t the last person to use it this time. Y’all have confirmed my guess of a pressure issue in the loader side. Any tips for releasing it?

/ Trouble connecting LA203 #5  
just loosen fittings at cylinders. If there's pressure it will leak a little fluid and then you'll be able to connect. There won't be enough pressure to hurt anything and you'll be relieving it slowly as you crack the fitting loose.

We're talking about the fittings on the end of a hose where it connects to a cylinder. Try one on the main arm, and if that doesn't do it, try one of the curl cylinders.

/ Trouble connecting LA203 #6  
Thanks guys. I make it a habit to cycle the valve after turning the tractor off, but I wasn’t the last person to use it this time. Y’all have confirmed my guess of a pressure issue in the loader side. Any tips
Operating the joystick with the engine off should release any pressure on the tractor side. An oddball problem if that's what occurred. Wonder what the operator did to cause it. Put loaders on and off a pair of Kubotas for 10+ years, must be hundreds of times, the loader lines had pressure a handful of times but never the fittings on the tractor.

/ Trouble connecting LA203
just loosen fittings at cylinders. If there's pressure it will leak a little fluid and then you'll be able to connect. There won't be enough pressure to hurt anything and you'll be relieving it slowly as you crack the fitting loose.

We're talking about the fittings on the end of a hose where it connects to a cylinder. Try one on the main arm, and if that doesn't do it, try one of the curl cylinders.
That cured me. Thanks!

/ Trouble connecting LA203 #8  
All you have to do is get a rag, put over end of hose that has the ball at tip, and just press against something hard. Just watch your hand and feet placement when you do it for any movement from loader....