trivial question about the step kit

/ trivial question about the step kit #11  
Here are the installation instructions for the step. This should have been in the box with the parts or dealer could have printed theses out for you. The holes are drilled through inner wall of cab only then clip nuts slipped over the holes for the bracket.

Attachments

• Toolcat step.pdf
    318.2 KB · Views: 469
   / trivial question about the step kit #12  
thanks both came through for me.. Dealer e-mailed me and of course you guys always come through!! a bit of a pain to do as they don't give you measurements for the smaller 1/2" holes (outside ones) so I transfer punched them using the mount then made a template to overlay to do the larger center holes then took a carbide bit and squared off the holes so they fit nice.. thanks as always!!

/ trivial question about the step kit #13  
I am going to order the step kit and wonder if instead of clip nuts the bracket could be mounted with self drilling sheet metal screws like these?

sms.jpg

/ trivial question about the step kit #14  
I am going to order the step kit and wonder if instead of clip nuts the bracket could be mounted with self drilling sheet metal screws like these?

View attachment 640859

I'm not liking the 4 extra 3/4" holes either to get those clip nuts in. I would rather go with quality riv-nuts.

McMaster-Carr

/ trivial question about the step kit #17  
Did you click the link in my post?

When I checked in the past, Bobcat online parts never could find the part number so I called their toll free number. Heather answered, checked the part number, said she would make it available, wait ten minutes and it would be there for me to order.

I waited, it was and I did :D.

/ trivial question about the step kit
Did you click the link in my post?

When I checked in the past, Bobcat online parts never could find the part number so I called their toll free number. Heather answered, checked the part number, said she would make it available, wait ten minutes and it would be there for me to order.

I waited, it was and I did :D.

I did, but it wasn't intuitively obvious to me that I needed to click on the "Learn More" button to get to an "Add to Cart" button. Seems redundant. I was on the site 2 days ago looking up parts and didn't see any way to actually 'order' parts.

I like having parts diagrams online so I can get the part numbers but I'm surprised at how many Bobcat 'part numbers' can't be found/ordered on their own website. For example :

Grommet 6676508
Switch 6665317
Heater Fan Motor 6693212

frustrating.

DEWFPO