trivial question about the step kit

/ trivial question about the step kit #1  

DEWFPO

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Bobcat Toolcat 5600 D
When I ordered my 5600 I ordered it with the 'Step Kit' (7135575) and when it showed up it had only one step on the driver's side. I guess $216 doesn't buy 2 small steps anymore. That's not what I was expecting. :(

DEWFPO

/ trivial question about the step kit #2  
I also ordered the step kit and assumed it would have 2 steps for that price. However, I find the step extremely helpful in getting in and out of the cab. I wish the step would sit out a litte farther from the cab. I have mine set all the way out but wish it could extend a few more inches.

/ trivial question about the step kit
I agree, the step makes it much easier for me with my bad back and my 5'3" wife to get into it so when she hops in on the passenger's side she always reminds me it doesn't have a step. I also agree I'd like it to stick out just a couple more inches and it would be perfect (for getting out as well).

DEWFPO

/ trivial question about the step kit #4  
Is this something one can order and and install after the fact? (I have busted two mirrors in the woods, even tho they fold in. If anything stuck out, I'd probably manage to rip it off. )

/ trivial question about the step kit
Is this something one can order and and install after the fact? (I have busted two mirrors in the woods, even tho they fold in. If anything stuck out, I'd probably manage to rip it off. )

I've done a web search and sent a few e-mails and nobody that I can find online seem to sell parts for the Toolcat.

DEWFPO

/ trivial question about the step kit #6  
Where's your creativity? This is TBN! When in doubt, we build stuff!:D

Seriously, if you don't want to build one, go back and get one. You've already spent the $40,000+ on the thing, what's $216 gonna hurt?

Kyle

/ trivial question about the step kit #7  
Where's your creativity? This is TBN! When in doubt, we build stuff!:D

Seriously, if you don't want to build one, go back and get one. You've already spent the $40,000+ on the thing, what's $216 gonna hurt?

Kyle

It's not the price but the principle! I just may build one for the passenger side.;)

/ trivial question about the step kit #8  
toolcat step kitjpg_Page1.jpgI know this is an old thread but I ordered a step kit (7135575) for my 2012 Bobcat Tool Cat 5600 (F-Series). I don't have a support member behind the rocker panel nor holes and the directions are just a simple assembly diagram.. do you have to drill through rocker panel to mount the step or is this kit not fit an F-series? Dealership said it would fit my machine but I certainly didn't envision drilling through the rocker panel and having those goofy sheet metal sliding nuts siting on the outside of it..
toolcat step kitjpg_Page1.jpg

Last edited:
   / trivial question about the step kit #9  
View attachment 466628I know this is an old thread but I ordered a step kit (7135575) for my 2012 Bobcat Tool Cat 5600 (F-Series). I don't have a support member behind the rocker panel nor holes and the directions are just a simple assembly diagram.. do you have to drill through rocker panel to mount the step or is this kit not fit an F-series? Dealership said it would fit my machine but I certainly didn't envision drilling through the rocker panel and having those goofy sheet metal sliding nuts siting on the outside of it..
View attachment 466628

I just put these on my 15' Toolcat and the holes are drilled from the inside of the rockers. The instructions are not totally correct ( Typical for Bobcat) as my vintage machine does not have the body brackets shown in the instructions.
I made op a template and taped it to the rockers, it was a lot easier than marking the holes with a ruler.

/ trivial question about the step kit #10  
But since you don't drill through to the outside, how do you get the nuts on?

It looks like the drawing is of the right side, so I guess it will fit on either side.

toolcat step kitjpg_Page1.jpg

I have thought about putting one of these on the 5610, the BedStep2, as it should retract if something hits it: BEDSTEP2 | AMP Research

Ford_F250_bedstep2_360x278.jpg

I have their BedStep on my truck bumper and it is awesome.

ampsite_slider_BedStep.jpg