Tripped on my Tractor

/ Tripped on my Tractor #21  
And a shoelace.

Now that's funny. Of coarse we all know it would be a small pointed willow from the creek. No nail needed, a quill from the porcupine that he just ate would do.:licking:

/ Tripped on my Tractor #22  
Now that's funny. Of coarse we all know it would be a small pointed willow from the creek. No nail needed, a quill from the porcupine that he just ate would do.:licking:

I tell my Wife she's a Redneck. She gets very defensive and swears she is not. My evidence is this. A few years ago we were having our Annual Thanksgiving Shop Party. She was carving the turkey and cut her index finger pretty good. She wrapped it with a piece of shop towel and bound it with Ductape. :)

/ Tripped on my Tractor #23  
Welcome to the club! First I'm really glad you're OK and you took the time to fess up here so maybe somebody else won't get hurt.

My stupid story was from a year ago. I was standing up on a workbench in my detached garage pulling a wire with a fish. The wire got stuck and as I was yanking on the fish the end broke off. I went *** over tea kettle off the bench down onto a concrete floor. I almost (I did say almost!) missed my mower desk but one of the pieces caught me just around my left kidney. Funny what you think about on the way down but the first thing that went through my mind was "This is going to hurt" I didn't loose consciousness though and made it back to the house. SHMBO didn't laugh but did say I had a rather big hole on my back. I was really lucky that all I had was a humongous bruise on my back for a week. Lessons learned for me, don't ever pull or push on something unless you've thought about what happens if it breaks and you take a header.

BTW: I was so afraid I'd have to be carted off to the hospital I wrote down what I learned on a first-aid course for the paramedics, SAMPLE;

Symptoms;
Allergies;
Medications I was on
Previous events (IE fainting, (no not being stupid that list would have been too long)
Last meal (when I last ate)
Events; What happened (I left out the "being stupid" part)

/ Tripped on my Tractor #24  
I tell my Wife she's a Redneck. She gets very defensive and swears she is not. My evidence is this. A few years ago we were having our Annual Thanksgiving Shop Party. She was carving the turkey and cut her index finger pretty good. She wrapped it with a piece of shop towel and bound it with Ductape. :)

Yep, she's a redneck!:laughing:

/ Tripped on my Tractor #25  
My stupid story was from a year ago. I was standing up on a workbench in my detached garage pulling a wire with a fish. The wire got stuck and as I was yanking on the fish the end broke off. I went *** over tea kettle off the bench down onto a concrete floor.

Something like that happened to me, but it was a vise that tore off my workbench when I was tightening down a towing ball onto a drawbar with a long wrench. The vise came flying at me, knocked me backwards onto a table with two chainsaws (neither had guards on the bar), and then me, the vise, and the chainsaws ended up sliding across the hood of my car and onto the concrete floor. It's a miracle I didn't get hurt. There was so much stupid comedy there, I think it gave me immunity.

/ Tripped on my Tractor #26  
Something like that happened to me, but it was a vise that tore off my workbench when I was tightening down a towing ball onto a drawbar with a long wrench. The vise came flying at me, knocked me backwards onto a table with two chainsaws (neither had guards on the bar), and then me, the vise, and the chainsaws ended up sliding across the hood of my car and onto the concrete floor. It's a miracle I didn't get hurt. There was so much stupid comedy there, I think it gave me immunity.

Hi,

Among many other (too numerous to count), stoopid human trcks, I have performed, last winter in mid-November, we were unloading a bunch of 8-10' logs ranging from 12 to 24" in diameter out of the back of our F350, so the logs were about chest high on the bottom row, and stacked 2-3 logs high overall.

We had a log grapple (Roughneck High Carbon Steel Swivel Skidding Tongs — 17 1/2in. Jaw Opening | Log Skidding Lifting Tongs| Northern Tool + Equipment) chained to the outer corners of the bucket with the grapple centered, but the other logs were keeping me from getting the tongs onto the log we needed to get off the top so the others were freed.

I had my partner in crime back the tractor straight back "out of the way", (or so I thought), and hooked our pickeroon into the log to pull it out, but the pickeroon pulled out, and I was pulling so hard that I lost my balance and fell backward.

Luckily, I literally missed the edge of our indecently sharp Pirhana Tooth Bar by fractions of an inch, but the bucket was curled up a little (prolly saving me from brains on the concrete and in the bucket) leaving the bottom of bucket available to cushion my 275+#'s pushing my head toward it.

Then to add insult to injury, I hit my head on the concrete too.

Luckily, I always wear some kind of hat or headwrap (even in the unheated barn in November with the door wide open) otherwise I prolly would had a nasty cut or abrasion in addition to the goose egg and bruising that quickly followed.

I was pretty woozy and had some post-concussion headaches, but never got knocked or or had amnesia, and the sick headache and woozy feelin didn't linger beyond the next day, so I didn't feel any need to go get checked out, and my SWMBO (a disabled RN), who tends to be overprotective of me, agreed, so I was pretty sure I was OK.

My F-I-L was sitting resting in a chair, right in line with the bucket edge, and is the only one who could see how close I was to it, and he said it was literally so close that he thought I must have hit it by the way my spranged off the metal and down to the floor.

As my lesson, I learned to watch my footing and not pull so hard on things that can break free and send me flying.

Thanks for reading, sorry again about the lecture.
Thomas

/ Tripped on my Tractor #27  
Both my wife and I carry a medical summary in our wallets.
It lists meds, any existing conditions, surgeries, phone numbers,
blood type, past diseases, vaccinations, tetanus shot dates, etc.

When we see the doc or go to the ER, we just hand them the sheet.
Every single time the comment is that they wish everyone would
carry one of these. The sheet is laminated in clear plastic, folded in thirds,
and placed in the wallet so it can be seen immediately, in case we can't
respond.

Now, go make one and stuff it in your wallet.:thumbsup:

Bill

/ Tripped on my Tractor #28  
Back to what PhysAssist said about prescriptions. I've been told over and over again to always use up every last pill regardless of how you feel. Your brain might think you are alright, but your body is still healing long after you finish the prescription.

My latest big boo boo occurred fighting back with a free range rooster. He was pretty aggressive and would regularly sneak up behind me and attack my calf. Sometimes he got me, sometimes I was able to give him a good kick and send him flying. One day he got my wife real bad and drew blood. I sort of lost it and went to kick him as hard as I could, but hit the ground first and ended up really hurting my big toe instead. The pain was horrific!!! About two months later, my toenail came off and now, 4 months later, it's just about 100% again.

Funny thing is we really liked that rooster, he was just beautiful. The coyotes loved him even more!!!! He disappeared about a week after I hurt myself and our best guess is that the coyote tracks under the tree he roosted in is who got him. Not sure how they got him out of the tree, but those where the only tracks in the area.

/ Tripped on my Tractor #29  
My neighbor goes to the local fire station for major first aid. They've usually got time on their hands and don't mind practicing on him. And it's free.

Not a good idea in a rural area, or even in a small town. I lost valuable minutes at a locked all volunteer fire station during my heart attack.

/ Tripped on my Tractor
PhysAssist
You made a good point about your luck wearing a hat of sorts.........I think if I had kept my baseball hat on when I got in the garage I would of reduced the cut potential. I think I am going to make it more a habit to constantly wear one around the yard.........and TXDon you are correct we have a rural volunteer firehall too. (or affectionately called the "basement savers".......) so no one there to provide first aid .