Tree root killer needed

/ Tree root killer needed #11  
it'll kill every tree in the area - and some on the fringe - all our field sites are at airports in the middle of the field where there better not be any trees anyway. the roundup idea expressed by the others sounds a lot more controlable and maybe cheaper too.
mike

/ Tree root killer needed
Thanks to Everyone for the suggestions/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. There's probably 250 of 'em/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif. Not sure this one will be completed in an afternoon! I like all the suggestions and expect to do some of each.
regards
Mutt

/ Tree root killer needed #13  
may be like having pricklypare/pair/pare or however its spelt..time to move..
heehaw

/ Tree root killer needed #14  
How about pricklypear?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Tree root killer needed #15  
No thanks, I'm full /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

<font color=green> MossRoad </font color=green>
18-85239-int2500b.jpg

/ Tree root killer needed #16  
Hey, those things actually grow here in northern indiana. We made jam out of fruits once.

18-85239-int2500b.jpg

/ Tree root killer needed #17  
Of course, you could always try the old-timey way -- wait to cut the trees, until the moon is in its "dark" phase. Folks I grew up with swore that you had to consult the phases of the moon before you did anything with growing things.....

/ Tree root killer needed #18  
Mutt,
Why not try goats? They will put a bush hog to shame on something like that. They keep eating the sprouts off until they don't come back any more. My goats seem to like leaves better than grass. Of course, I don't know if they will eat locust or not.
Donald

/ Tree root killer needed #19  
LOCUST TREE'S ARE TOP FEEDERS. THEY ALWAYS HAVE A LARGE AMOUNT OF ROOTS ABOVE GROUND. THERE IS NOT MUCH YOU CAN DO ABOUT THAT! YOU COULD PUT TOP SOIL OVER THEM BUT IN TIME THE ROOTS WILL COME BACK UP!
ITS JUST THE WAY THEY ARE. IF YOU TRY THE ACID IT WILL KILL THE TREES IB TIME. I WOULD SAY THIN OUT PART OF THE TREES GRIND THE STUMPS AND ROOTS OF THE TREES YOU TAKE OUT. GOOD LUCK. WOODY

/ Tree root killer needed #20  
There was a guy around here that had a herd of Nubian goats. For a small fee he would fence off the area and put his goats in it until everything was gone. Plus you get free fertilizer.

18-85239-int2500b.jpg