Tree Doctors

/ Tree Doctors #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
Just wondering if anyone has hired an arborist before? If so, did it help save your tree?

Thanks
Dave

/ Tree Doctors #2  
Not me. My only trees are Ponderosa pines. I get Pine Bark beetle. The solution for the "beetle" - fell and burn the infected trees. I will loose three or four trees every year to the beetles. I have 80 acres of pine trees.

Good luck......

/ Tree Doctors #3  
Just wondering if anyone has hired an arborist before? If so, did it help save your tree?

Thanks
Dave
Unfortunately, the only time we've used them was to cut down the tree from storm damage or disease.

/ Tree Doctors #4  

Thanks
Dave
Could you provide a brief description of what you have going on?

/ Tree Doctors #5  
Yes, we have had hired arborists over the years. Usually helpful, but the details of your issue(s) would help. Like many patients, not every tree is salvageable.

All the best,

Peter

/ Tree Doctors
Could you provide a brief description of what you have going on?
I have a large white pine that has thinning needles and some dead branches.

/ Tree Doctors #7  
I have a 20 year old Norway Spruce doing the same thing.
Hope someone has an easy fix.

/ Tree Doctors #8  
I have a large white pine that has thinning needles and some dead branches.
Contacting an arborist sounds like a good idea. Regardless of whether your tree is diseased or not, or whether it can be saved or not, a qualified arborist will be able to determine what is going on with it, and provide you an explanation.

From there, you may have a choice to make as to whether to pursue treatment. There are some tree ailments that aren't curable. Others are. And still others aren't really ailments at all, but just a life cycle of a tree.

/ Tree Doctors #9  
A licensed arborist can make a world of difference to a tree that is starting to have problems.

Just make sure the person is a true arborist and not just a "tree trimmer".
I have seen many trees destroyed when someone has a landscaper or tree trimmer come in and take care of them.

/ Tree Doctors #10  
We have lost a few to (what I GUESS is) white pine needle disease (WPND). It took a couple of years for the trees to die - I did not try to save them... not sure they could have been saved.

Lower branches dies off and work the way up the tree over the years...