Transporting boulders

/ Transporting boulders #11  
Got to your local tire store and borrow a bunch of old tires. Sit the boulders on a tire and throw the rest between them.

/ Transporting boulders
How big of boulders are we talking? I would chain and boomer them, if they are large enough. If they are smaller, a heavy duty tarp (not the roll on kind) would be a good way
About 3 feet across for each boulder. My trailer is rated for 3,500 lb payload. I don't know how much they weigh so maybe 1 or 2 max?

/ Transporting boulders #13  
About 3 feet across for each boulder. My trailer is rated for 3,500 lb payload. I don't know how much they weigh so maybe 1 or 2 max?
1 square meters of solid rock @ has a density of about 2.5 to 3 depending on the type of rock weigh about 2.5 to 3 metric tones

/ Transporting boulders #14  

A lot of variables, such as what kind of stone/rock, but if it’s 3x3x3, you’re looking at around one boulder, per trip, with that trailer.

Here are some things I found, with a quick search. Granite versus sandstone has a large spread, as you can see.

View attachment 697264

View attachment 697265

/ Transporting boulders #15  

How many do you need? Paying someone with a bigger truck sounds like a better idea.

/ Transporting boulders #17  
Rocks are heavier than they look.

/ Transporting boulders #19  

/ Transporting boulders #20  
Rocks are heavier than they look.

Never seeing a dump trailer in action, is that the typical speed of dumping material? Or is that a heavier load and hence a slower speed? Just asking. And yes I have some rocks as shown on my property. Thanks, Jon