Transferring photos - computer to iPhone

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #21  
Airdrop doesn't require a wifi network, because it uses point-to-point wifi. It uses bluetooth to say hello, get info about the other devices, distances, etc., then uses point-to-point.

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #22  
The problem is not the cable. There is a feature of file transfer between different systems. When I tried to drag contacts to the macbook from my iPhone, I had to read an article to get it right. It's very easy to do, but requires you to have an Apple ID login and password. I don't know what and how you set up iCloud there (if at all), but ideally it should look like the pictures in the wiki. If the "Contacts" slider is activated and your iCloud storage isn't clogged with "whatever", then all your contacts have been in the cloud for a long time. When you add new contacts, they are also sent to the cloud immediately.
I don't understand how you are making it so hard. You get 5GB of free iCloud storage just for the asking. Then using your AppleID sign into iCloud on Mac and on iPhone. Enable Contacts sharing on each (default). Then any change on one will appear on the other in a few moments.

You can prevent iCloud from using Cellular data if worried about bandwidth quotas. Then it will only sync when a WiFi connection is present.

Is easy to exceed 5GB with photos. If you do not want to sync photos then unclick that in the iCloud System Preference panel.

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #23  
I don't understand how you are making it so hard. You get 5GB of free iCloud storage just for the asking. Then using your AppleID sign into iCloud on Mac and on iPhone. Enable Contacts sharing on each (default). Then any change on one will appear on the other in a few moments.

You can prevent iCloud from using Cellular data if worried about bandwidth quotas. Then it will only sync when a WiFi connection is present.

Is easy to exceed 5GB with photos. If you do not want to sync photos then unclick that in the iCloud System Preference panel.
iCloud is worthless unless you want to keep paying Apple, after spending $1000 on your device in the first place. The free 5gB is full as soon as you turn your device on and import anything from a prior phone. F^&* apple (but, I love my iPhone).

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #24  
iCloud is worthless unless you want to keep paying Apple, after spending $1000 on your device in the first place. The free 5gB is full as soon as you turn your device on and import anything from a prior phone. F^&* apple (but, I love my iPhone).
5gb served me well for many years. You can not do a full backup. You can not sync all of your music and photos in 5gb. But you can easily keep contacts, even email, in sync with no effort.

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #25  
another apple hater?

good on ya!

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #26  
Sometimes I transfer a bunch of photos from my Mac to my iPhone but it failed and I finally found out the reasons. It turned out it is caused by some kinds of settings of my iCloud. I fixed it by resetting my iPhone's Location and Privacy, then disabling the iCloud Photo Library.

Last edited:
   / Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #27  
I have an Apple computer - it has Bluetooth. The computer OS - Catalina 10.15.7. I have an Apple iPhone - it has Bluetooth. The cell phone OS - 14.5. I have two digital cameras. I load photos from the cameras to the computer. I fire up both the computer & cell phone and enable Bluetooth on both. When I try the transfer I get a message - the device lacks the necessary services.

How do you transfer photos from your computer to your cell phone?
I think that you just do it the same way that I transfer iPhone photos to my Windows computer. Plug the charger cord into the phone and computer USB. Then navigate to the iPhone photo folder. I copy and paste photos from my phone to computer. I think you can do the same in reverse.

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #29  
back them up in your Icloud, then sign in your icloud iccount and save them

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #30  
Just gave up on iPhones and bought an Android each for my wife and myself. SHE has never been happier.. Me too.

It all started with charging ports failing, getting red hot, never charging when needed. Charging cable burning when it wasn't even plugged in to anything. ?? Can't wait to get rid of the iPads. I already use a Android Tablet.