Trailer Setup

/ Trailer Setup #41  
Not sure if anyone has suggest this but, I contracted trailers for the 101st to take to Iraq. We wanted stake pockets for rails but also wanted 5000 lb. D rings to secure cargo. We came up with welding the D rings to 2 x 4 metal box tube stock and pinning the D ring/box stock assembly in the stake pocket with a a standard trailer receiver lock pin. Worked out really well.

/ Trailer Setup #42  
That sounds like a great idea, do you have any pictures you could post on this?
PJ

/ Trailer Setup #43  
Opinions are what you pay for them.

That being said, I'm looking at trailers and BRIEFLY looked at the kind where the ramps are stored.
Hey that is REAL WORK to move them from the stored area to the hook up position and back. My plan, if I
had your trailer, is to mod it so the ramps will fold UP and down. If you plan to load/unload very much, your
back will thank you.

My trailer will have fold up ramps..................

Best wishes to you.
Ron

/ Trailer Setup #44  
Re: Opinions are what you pay for them.

<font color="blue"> modify it so the ramps will fold UP and down. If you plan to load/unload very much, your back will thank you.

My trailer will have fold up ramps. </font>

I know everyone has heard me say this before, but... TILT BED. Mine is an electric hydraulic setup and my back really thanks me for that move. I flip two safety catches and push one lever and I'm ready to load or unload. Once done with whichever procedure, I hit another button and level the bed, flip those two safety catches to secure it and I'm heading down the road. No dragging, lifting or setting ramps then putting them back and securing them. No folding ramps up or down and no dead, unuseable bed space because of them, either. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif