Trailer Ramps

/ Trailer Ramps #11  
I picked up a pair of used equipment ramps off of Craigslist a while ago. They are beastly heavy.

There is no need to go longer than your really need.

/ Trailer Ramps
you can always crank the 3 point link arm adjustment to get gain clearance at the rear of the mower ... If you give me your wheel spacing Front to rear, length from center of rear wheel to end of mower and the heights your 3 point can lift the mower I can check what length of ramp you would need.

Not exactly sure on the height that the tractor can lift the mower. Last time I had the mower connected to the tractor it was about 11 feet from the middle of the rear wheel to the end of the mower.

/ Trailer Ramps #13  
Not exactly sure on the height that the tractor can lift the mower. Last time I had the mower connected to the tractor it was about 11 feet from the middle of the rear wheel to the end of the mower.
what tractor ? the 8n ? I need to know the distance from the front wheel to the rear

/ Trailer Ramps
My LS Mt240. I’m on a trip right now but when I get back I can get you the measurements. I decided that I’m going to make the ramps myself, so I’m not going to limit myself to a certain sized ramp.

/ Trailer Ramps #15  
1712006882589.png

At a wheel base of 121 inch (front to back) a lift height of 12 inch (guessing) and the mower would be dragging by 3.5 inch, so by cranking the tree point adjustment link you should be fine. and 4 or 5 ft ramp wont make a difference for that. the only difference would be the bottoming out but there is lots of clearance there.

Last edited:
   / Trailer Ramps
View attachment 860086

At a wheel base of 121 inch (front to back) a lift height of 12 inch (guessing) and the mower would be dragging by 3.5 inch, so by cranking the tree point adjustment link you should be fine. and 4 or 5 ft ramp want make a difference for that. the only difference would be the bottoming out but there is lots of clearance there.

Thanks for the help. I think I’m going to make a five foot ramp when I get back to my house.

/ Trailer Ramps #17  
When I had my trailer, the ramps were trashed (used) and I bought alum ramps from these guys. Was very pleased and a heck of a lot lighter than steel! I think it might have been this one, but they have a million options:

/ Trailer Ramps #18  
When I had my trailer, the ramps were trashed (used) and I bought alum ramps from these guys. Was very pleased and a heck of a lot lighter than steel! I think it might have been this one, but they have a million options:
Aluminum ramps would be nice. I dislike carrying my steel ramps that must be over a hundred pounds each, and they add to the load. I saw some go up at an equipment auction recently, and have been kicking myself ever since for not bidding higher.

I did pick up a us\ed aluminum trailer with ramps... I haven't used it much yet since it needs some maintenance this spring before being fully ready to use.

/ Trailer Ramps #19  
You can get 5ft - 7ft 6000lb aluminum ramps at just about any where, including Home Depot and Amazon.

/ Trailer Ramps #20  
My LS Mt240. I’m on a trip right now but when I get back I can get you the measurements. I decided that I’m going to make the ramps myself, so I’m not going to limit myself to a certain sized ramp.
And don't limit yourself to ramps for a specific size tractor. Make something that will maximize the trailers usage.