Trailer new to me, what is the pictured dip in the frame for?

/ Trailer new to me, what is the pictured dip in the frame for? #11  
Does the trailer have a manufacturer or model or vin that may offer some insight....or is this a homemade job

/ Trailer new to me, what is the pictured dip in the frame for? #12  
Looks like the dips are just the engineered structure to support the deck above. The diamond plate decks are wider that the main trailer structure, wider than the trailer wheels even. So it's a special built trailer to handle wide (and fairly heavy) loads.
That's my observation. It looks to be in decent shape and ready to work. (y)

/ Trailer new to me, what is the pictured dip in the frame for? #13  
Looks like the dips are just the engineered structure to support the deck above. The diamond plate decks are wider that the main trailer structure, wider than the trailer wheels even. So it's a special built trailer to handle wide (and fairly heavy) loads.
That's my observation. It looks to be in decent shape and ready to work. (y)
I dont know about handling "Fairly Heavy" loads.

Hard to tell. Looks like mobile home axles / dayton wheels. SO possibly 5200# axles which would make trailer gross not much more than a 14k

If any of those tires say mobile home use only.....its illegal to run them on an equip trailer

And if its a homemade trailer to boot.....homemade + MH axles just about kills the resell no matter how much you polish a turd. And I'd say about 95% of people that trailer shop....wont be interested in this trailer at any price.

But, I could be wrong......Some manufactures did actually use a axle with dayton style hubs....so maybe the trailer is legit. Just cant tell from the pics

/ Trailer new to me, what is the pictured dip in the frame for? #14  
Can you take a side picture with the top plate over the dips off?

/ Trailer new to me, what is the pictured dip in the frame for?
Thank you for all the thoughts and comments on the trailer. I'm not where the trailer is and will not be back there to get any pictures for at least week. By that time I think this thread will be dead.

I did look at the trailer a bit better when parking it. The top filler plates were definitely added sometime after the trailer was built.

There is a place for a trailer jack just in back of the lunette ring but it is gone. I used a floor jack to lift the ring over the pintle and then lowered the trailer on cinder blocks under the wheel pockets.

I could not find any manufacturing name or data plate on the trailer.

/ Trailer new to me, what is the pictured dip in the frame for? #16  
That trailer was made for hauling taller wheeled equipment, you can see the "traction" bars welded to the old wells for the tires. A couple farmers around here have rollbacks with similar wells to lower transport heights for their tractors.

The 14.5 Dayton wheels were pretty common on low pro equipment trailers until 17.5 tires became popular. Most equipment trailer dayton axles were rated at 6k and can most likely be converted to standard 8 lug drums/wheels.

It appears to be a comercial trailer and there were a lot of larger name manufacturers that made that style trailer, guessing gross rating is 18-20k lbs.

The single axle trailer is a Hurst that my dad bought new in '90, my eager beaver dump is a late 80's, both have 6k axles (although the Hurst is derated to 3k for brake requirements) and came with Dayton style axles made by dexter.
image000004(1).jpg
2129707926.jpg

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Trailer new to me, what is the pictured dip in the frame for? #17  
Could be a old backhoe trailer. Some of the older hoes had a really tall dipperstick. Maybe there were low overpasses or tunnels he had to get through.

/ Trailer new to me, what is the pictured dip in the frame for? #18  
Could be a old backhoe trailer. Some of the older hoes had a really tall dipperstick. Maybe there were low overpasses or tunnels he had to get through.
Thought the same thing. But that would put the hoe boom awfully close to the tow vehicle and seemingly way too much tongue weight

/ Trailer new to me, what is the pictured dip in the frame for? #19  
Thought the same thing. But that would put the hoe boom awfully close to the tow vehicle and seemingly way too much tongue weight
Some old timers put the bucket side of the boom in the dump truck box. Or maybe his truck was a tandem.
Thats a custom made trailer that was purpose built for a specific machine or need. One could speculate for a long time its’ original intent or use

/ Trailer new to me, what is the pictured dip in the frame for? #20  
Some old timers put the bucket side of the boom in the dump truck box.
Boom on the truck? While its still attached to the hoe? How does that work turning?