Traded For This

/ Traded For This #1  

workinonit

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5090E
I've owned a JD 5310 for years, a MF 289 before that. I've accumulated an array of attachments over the years and in fact I farmed my 35 cleared acres for years but the primary function of my JD has been to mow 5 or so acres of pasture grass in front of my house and take care of keeping the remaining 77 acres of wooded land cleaned up. The 5310 was purchased new with a FEL, 4 in 1, grapple and pallet forks which I let go with the 5310. With the 90 plus degree SC heat and the fact that I'm not young anymore, I decided to get rid of my Komatsu PC 220 and trade my tractor for this new machine. It is a 5090E with FEL and grapple and I also purchased pallet forks. I will have much less equipment change with this setup and I wanted the Global carrier system. I also got the One Touch hydraulic hookup for the FEL. I really hated to get rid of my old machine. The best tractor I've ever owned by far. But this AC and extra power are sure nice. I pull a Frontier 2120 finish mower, which is 21 feet wide and clearly the second best thing I've ever purchased. So I wanted to share and say that I've enjoyed perusing the posts the last few days.

Randy

Attachments

• 5090E.jpg
    5090E.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 5090E1.jpg
    5090E1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 5090E2.jpg
    5090E2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 171
   / Traded For This #2  
That a nice piece of iron there! Sometimes you just need to take that leap. Enjoy that comfort on those hot and humid days pulling the mower!

/ Traded For This
Thanks. Yea, I've worked my butt of for a lot of years to be able to do things like this. I've wanted one for years but it was my wife who said it's time.

/ Traded For This #4  
That's one sharp looking setup :thumbsup: congrats and enjoy.

/ Traded For This #5  
Nice! Does your wife have a sister? ;)

/ Traded For This
LOL. No. And sometimes I'm thankful for that. I can promise she has mellowed as she has aged in regard to my toys.

/ Traded For This #7  
Congrats on the JD & WOW on a 21ft RFM !!! :thumbsup:

I have 3 JD E series & they have been Great.

I just wished creep option was available in an E series. A1 gear is really to fast for my Poultry House Caking job in deep litter.

That Frontier mower looks to be made by Befco :confused:

I had a 110” Cut single deck Befco. Very H/D & well built.

What height are you cutting ?

Did you want a Self Leveling Loader ?

/ Traded For This
Not familiar with chicken house work but you need slow if A1 is too fast. Yes, it is a Befco. I'm going to call today and see if I can order the hydraulic latch release kit for the decks. My 5310 I traded and that FM were two of the best things I've ever owned. That mower has saved me untold hours of riding a tractor. Of course now tractor riding is fun. I cut with the decks as low as they will go. I have places that I trim with the ZTs and the FM needs to match that height pretty close. I keep the ZTs at 1.75" for this centipede grass we have. Yes, I got a 540M MSL loader with 85" bucket and the grapple on the bucket, as well as 48" forks. I'll be getting implements modified for a while so that everything fits my Quickhitch.

/ Traded For This #9  
Wow 1.75” is Short. You must have awful smooth ground.

I mow around 10acres @ 3” & another 8 acres Bush Hogged at 5”

You’ll enjoy that 5090E

/ Traded For This
I try to keep it cut low so that when it rains and I can't cut it will hold longer. This year has been bad with all of the rain. When the grass goes 2 weeks or more it is tough to get it back down to that height. I see you have a fleet of equipment for the chicken houses and farm. I grew up farming but decided not to get into it. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like, most of the time I don't. LOL. I get my share keeping up this 110 acres.