Trade MF1547 for MF1749?

/ Trade MF1547 for MF1749?
Here's the latest update.

I ran down to my daughters again and tried the tractor in 2wd and 4wd. That didn't seem to make any difference but what did, was the direction of travel. In one direction the max speed I could coax out of it was 25kmh and in the other it would slowly get up to 28.5kph. So despite the road looking to be dead level it actually has a very small slope to it and that little bit is enough to make a difference. It appears the tractor is at it's limit. I think the difference I'm experiencing between the apparent power difference between the 1547 power shuttle and this tractor may just be that the HST draws some power from the tractor and that this tractor weighs more. From my calculations there is likely around an 800lb difference, with this one being heavier. The cab and the larger ballasted tires account for the extra weight. If that is the case and there isn't anything wrong with the tractor, then that is great news and all I have to do is adjust my thinking and operations to suit the new machine.

More seat time is required and desired.:)

/ Trade MF1547 for MF1749? #62  
In high range with HST transmission I don't see 2500 unless I go down a decent grade and the road is hard. 16.9 loaded R1 tires.

In high range with HST transmission I don't see 2500 unless I go down a decent grade and the road is hard. 16.9 loaded R1 tires.

I was just watching a bunch of your videos. I'm very impressed with what your tractor did with that load of wood in the bucket and a trailer in tow. There is no way my tractor would even start to climb a hill with that load and I doubt I could get it moving without a lot of complaining. Time will tell though, as I haven't had a chance to test it with any loads. However I did try pushing some snow around today in Medium and the tractor would stop moving and squeal if the load got too heavy. Tires wouldn't spin either. So I dropped it down to low range and then no complaints.

/ Trade MF1547 for MF1749? #64  
rabbit is a little tuff getting to 2500 with the big tires and it bounces so I do not go that fast. here is a pic to show the tire size. 20160924_122652.jpg

/ Trade MF1547 for MF1749? #65  
I was just watching a bunch of your videos. I'm very impressed with what your tractor did with that load of wood in the bucket and a trailer in tow. There is no way my tractor would even start to climb a hill with that load and I doubt I could get it moving without a lot of complaining. Time will tell though, as I haven't had a chance to test it with any loads. However I did try pushing some snow around today in Medium and the tractor would stop moving and squeal if the load got too heavy. Tires wouldn't spin either. So I dropped it down to low range and then no complaints.
that doesn't seem right. When I'm in medium range pushing or pulling snow, if the load builds up too large in front or behind me, the tires just spin. It doesn't bog down the drivetrain.

It could be that your overall system hydraulic relief is set too low.

that doesn't seem right. When I'm in medium range pushing or pulling snow, if the load builds up too large in front or behind me, the tires just spin. It doesn't bog down the drivetrain.

It could be that your overall system hydraulic relief is set too low.

I've been thinking since the beginning that something is not quite right and maybe you have hit the nail on the head. I'm going into the City tomorrow and will stop by the Massey dealer to discuss this with the service manager. Maybe I can get the tractor in for them to check the relief settings.

Update:

I met with the service manager and talked to him for about 30 minutes about the issues I've discovered with the tractor. I think most may just be that I'm not use to HST but he suggested I bring it in and they will put it on the Dyno to check the HP output and give it a once over to see if there is anything they can find that's not the way it should be. I'll feel a lot better after this has been done. I'll update again afterwards.

/ Trade MF1547 for MF1749? #68  
That's awesome, I wish I had a dealer with a Dyno near me, I'd love to see what mine actually puts out.

It will be interesting to see if they find anything. The one issue that got his attention was that the "check engine light" has come on twice when I was trying to get to top speed, once in M and once in H.

The service manager and I have hit it off. I've probably spent in excess of 2 hrs with him to date, discussing concerns I had before purchasing the tractor and since. I've even called him and talked about my concerns. I've offered to pay for his time, take him out to lunch a couple of times and even get him a bottle of his favorite beverage but so far he has not accepted, saying I'm not a bother and he enjoys talking to me. My newest friend!

/ Trade MF1547 for MF1749? #70  
This may have nothing to do with your problem, but I mention it just in case and it relates to the ownr's manual.
1st) It's amazing how much a HST will rob you of power.
2nd) I wanted to buy a new microwave and had my mind set on a make & model, but everywhere I looked including the manual it stated that it needed 12" of clearance on top. This made no sense to me as it was vented on the side where it required a min clearance of 8". Upon further investigation I discovered that they also made a microwave with a broil feature, now suddenly everything made sense, I can see why this feature would require 12" so the only conclusion was that they printed the manual for this feature and never explained why.
This may be the case you're in, perhaps the speed is for geared tractors and not for HST.
Keep us informed, hopefully it;s nothing or nothing serious.