Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,211  
Or put the chain on backwards. You only do that once though.

Until the next time.
How about cleaning and servicing the saw in the shop then going to the woods the next day only to find that the saw chain is still back on the work bench. Got a feeling I may be the only one on this one.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,212  
I'm completely out of 2x6's, so I sorted some logs out today,

Resized-20240312-133007-S.jpg

Pallet forks with the grapple makes it easy to reach in-between logs and pull out just the log you want!

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,213  
I took a fuel shower one day when the ancient gas cap on my 031AV cracked.
Not as fun as taking a hydraulic shower when a hydraulic line pops and hoses you down.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,214  
Not as fun as taking a hydraulic shower when a hydraulic line pops and hoses you down.
Well about 12 years ago I was riding my motorcycle and a file line disconnect popped and my leg was doused in fuel; I was concerned about motorcycle-assisted immolation so pulled over ASAP and moved away from the bike. Can't say the idea of being covered in highly flammable gasoline is pleasant; at least hydraulic fluid is just a mess but by itself (unless you're getting hit with a 2500psi pinprick jet) isn't particularly dangerous.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,215  
Well about 12 years ago I was riding my motorcycle and a file line disconnect popped and my leg was doused in fuel; I was concerned about motorcycle-assisted immolation so pulled over ASAP and moved away from the bike. Can't say the idea of being covered in highly flammable gasoline is pleasant; at least hydraulic fluid is just a mess but by itself (unless you're getting hit with a 2500psi pinprick jet) isn't particularly dangerous.
Back in the gas shortage days of the 1970's, featuring long gas lines somebody in the next town over from me took it upon himself to cut in line, then started arguing with the attendant. The clerk had been putting up with crap all day so he sprayed the guy with gas, pulled out his Zippo and suggested the dude might want to move on.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,216  
Back in the gas shortage days of the 1970's, featuring long gas lines somebody in the next town over from me took it upon himself to cut in line, then started arguing with the attendant. The clerk had been putting up with crap all day so he sprayed the guy with gas, pulled out his Zippo and suggested the dude might want to move on.

yikes - I saw a guy pull a gun when the attendant told him it was an A thru M day so he couldn't have gas. They shut the pumps down and nobody got gas. But, spraying a guy with gas and pulling a Zippo - wow. There were some high emotions back then.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,217  
yikes - I saw a guy pull a gun when the attendant told him it was an A thru M day so he couldn't have gas. They shut the pumps down and nobody got gas. But, spraying a guy with gas and pulling a Zippo - wow. There were some high emotions back then.

gg
GG, back in the early 70's when we had the great gas shortage, my brother was the manger of 16 gas stations, when I needed gas he would call me when he was at one of them at closing and tell me to show up when he turned the lights off and I was the first one to get a fill up (y). We still talk about it from time to time and the both of us get a good laugh because people were going nuts back then.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,218  
How about cleaning and servicing the saw in the shop then going to the woods the next day only to find that the saw chain is still back on the work bench. Got a feeling I may be the only one on this one.

It sounds like being up a creek without a paddle. I've gone on inflatable kayak trips only to find out that I've arrived without my paddle, too late or far away to turn and go back home to get it.

On previous trips, I had broken a paddle, and realized that one could compensate by giving a good swift stroke with the small end. So.. hunt down a good branch, and head into the water.

I suppose that doesn't work with the missing chainsaw, unless you have a bucksaw behind the seat.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,219  
It sounds like being up a creek without a paddle. I've gone on inflatable kayak trips only to find out that I've arrived without my paddle, too late or far away to turn and go back home to get it.

On previous trips, I had broken a paddle, and realized that one could compensate by giving a good swift stroke with the small end. So.. hunt down a good branch, and head into the water.

I suppose that doesn't work with the missing chainsaw, unless you have a bucksaw behind the seat.
At least didn't have to file it that day.🤣