Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,221  
Weird thing last week, got done cutting for the day and noticed I had no oil cap on my saw!! In all the years I've been cutting I have never had that happen before, ordered a new cap but after a big rain Thursday I went out and the rain washed the debris off it and I'm back in business! And now with a spare.
So I finally got around to dragging the tree I took down out of the woods, bucked it up and got some of it split. Good to get it out of the woods.

The log.
View attachment 856838

Bucked up and waiting
View attachment 856839

And my splitter set up
View attachment 856841

Puts me about half way to this years wood stock
View attachment 856842
You jinxed me!!! There was a little frost in the ground this AM so I took the day off to bring out some wood. I drained the last of my can into the 590, felled a hitch and dragged them to the landing. I then grabbed my 490 to cut them to length.

I'd made one cut and was on the second when it started bogging, then died like it was out of gas.I knew it was full as I had topped it off yesterday and had only run it a few minutes. I just had a new carb put on but it still doesn't run right. I was thinking about scaling it out into the woods, dropping a tree onto it and running over it with the tractor (not really) when I noticed the cap was off.

I had hauled that thing 200 miles in the truck yesterday, about 15 miles on my snowsled, and used it twice; but the cap didn't come off until I got home.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,222  
It was a really nice day out today, sunny 60's, so I made some 2x6's,

Resized-20240313-143417-S.jpg

It's always handy to have a few 2x6's around!

SR
The only question in my mind is, what species of tree did you cut up this time?!?!?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,223  
The only question in my mind is, what species of tree did you cut up this time?!?!?
It was the white pine I loaded on the mill yesterday, here it is again,

Resized-20240312-133007-S.jpg

That log had a lot of tension in it, I chased it around the log, but a little of it still got into the lumber.

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,226  
If there was a gas cap on my body somewhere, I think it may have fallen off as well.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,228  
Well rats!! This, like the oil cap escaping, its my first! Heavy leaner!
IMG_1618.JPG

Last edited: