Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,201  
^^^^
I've only done that once, and still have the spare cap from the 254 which I scrapped 20 years ago. I've left it off a few saws since then but they are attached and I realize it when I get that tank of B&C oil down my leg.

I suspect yours just didn't get tightened, and fell off while you were cutting?
No, I had just filled the gas and oil, made sure both caps were tight so I'm not sure. I was cutting in and around a bunch of vines so I'm guessing the cap got caught on one maybe, the cap even has a keeper (like they all do) and it still got pulled out!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,204  
There are two kinds of people running saws.

Those who have forgotten to put the cap back on, and those will one day forget.
Actually 4 kinds... those who learn from their mistakes, and those who periodically add another layer of oil to their chaps as waterproofing.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,205  
If they made a machine that could stack wood, l would have bought one.
I don't mind stacking; it is restacking after the sun tilts them that I hate. I have 2 rows propped up by boards as I type. Rare, but it happens. Rows always seem to go towards the sun like a sunflower.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,206  
I don't mind stacking; it is restacking after the sun tilts them that I hate. I have 2 rows propped up by boards as I type. Rare, but it happens. Rows always seem to go towards the sun like a sunflower.
As they dry, they shift.
My single rows fall to either side but mostly to the east.
Consequently, l now stack in 15 ft sections where the row is supported by two 2 x4’s stuck in cinder blocks.
That method has reduced topple overs even stacking 4.5 ft high.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,207  
Weird thing last week, got done cutting for the day and noticed I had no oil cap on my saw!! In all the years I've been cutting I have never had that happen before, ordered a new cap but after a big rain Thursday I went out and the rain washed the debris off it and I'm back in business! And now with a spare.
So I finally got around to dragging the tree I took down out of the woods, bucked it up and got some of it split. Good to get it out of the woods.

The log.
View attachment 856838

Bucked up and waiting
View attachment 856839

And my splitter set up
View attachment 856841

Puts me about half way to this years wood stock
View attachment 856842
Actually 4 kinds... those who learn from their mistakes, and those who periodically add another layer of oil to their chaps as waterproofing.
Five. Those who occasionally rinse out the gas tank with chain oil.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,208  
Five. Those who occasionally rinse out the gas tank with chain oil.
Or put the chain on backwards. You only do that once though.

Until the next time.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,210  
I’ve never forgot to put the oil cap on, the fuel cap is my go to screw up.
I took a fuel shower one day when the ancient gas cap on my 031AV cracked.

I wish I could say I always double-check the filler cap on everything but my tractor currently has a baggie & rubber band over the fuel filler opening pending me getting a replacement cap...