Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,531  
I like your splitter mike. Combo lift and table is a good idea (y)

Some may be interested in this video of a modern highly automated saw mill that I thought was pretty good. Nothing like the local family owned mill that I used for 20 years and is now out of business.

gg
I like a video that shows what's going on, rather than somebody spending most of the time talking about it.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,532  
Cleaning up the tail end of my downed poplar. In the picture with the saw, I had a 32" bar on and cut from both sides and did not make it through. So over 5 feet in the across direction. I was able to break the remaining wood in the cut with the tractor and got the chunks off to the burn pile. Based on how the loader was responding, the chucks were over 2000lbs each. Nice to be done with that monster.
wood1.jpg

wood2.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,536  
It’s great to see people producing firewood but for me in east coast canada, it is snow removal time. My logging winch is off and the blower is on. Our weather this year is crazy warm and it is only the second snow storm of the season. It was a packing snow that stick to tree which made for some incredible winter scenes.

IMG_6103.JPG
IMG_6106.JPG

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,537  
Sold some logs to a local small miller from storm damage years ago. One was a uprooted high hazard walnut down by the creek. Fellow works as a hotshot forest fireman 6 months of the year. Nice to see experienced chainsaw craftsmen. He was equally impressed how the [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] M59 could get the logs out and loaded. Options for logging in our area is either warm or cold mud.
IMG_6772.JPG

IMG_6774.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,539  
Sold some logs to a local small miller from storm damage years ago. One was a uprooted high hazard walnut down by the creek. Fellow works as a hotshot forest fireman 6 months of the year. Nice to see experienced chainsaw craftsmen. He was equally impressed how the [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] M59 could get the logs out and loaded. Options for logging in our area is either warm or cold mud.
View attachment 778892
View attachment 778893

Got some pretty boards out of that salvaged tree !!

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,540  
It’s great to see people producing firewood but for me in east coast canada, it is snow removal time. My logging winch is off and the blower is on. Our weather this year is crazy warm and it is only the second snow storm of the season. It was a packing snow that stick to tree which made for some incredible winter scenes.

View attachment 778889View attachment 778890

Very pretty to look at - not so nice to work in

gg