Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,541  
Working on the other end of the wood lately digging up stumps

IMG_9119.JPG

272376E9-EE85-4439-9D30-BEC165C2288E.jpg

IMG_9121.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,542  
Liking the log rest I added to my splitter, I’m thinking it needs a little more space for more logs. I lower the splitter, roll rounds onto the rest then raise the splitter to a good working height. Big improvement, sure helping my back. Finally bought the saw I’ve wanted for a while, a new MS261, quite an upgrade over my nearly 30 year old 029. Both additions are work multiplier’s.

Mike
0A05A1B3-C490-483F-9B69-A86CCDBA8866.jpeg
D4550C15-0AF1-4BEB-BC55-04ACB35BC021.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,546  
The rest of the tree is now burned, the stump is going to sit right where it is and be a scratching post until it rots away. I was going to burn against it for the foreseeable future, but the hay barn is within "ember distance" and downstream of prevailing winds. So that idea got scratched. Upper cut end is 10' off of the ground. It sure was strange standing on top of a tree cutting horizontal chunks off. The whole stump would shake when the sections dropped. the tree was probably 125 to 150 feet tall.
View attachment 776992
That tree is worth a lot as a scratching post. Will save a lot of fences from being stretched. The cattle will really enjoy it.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,549  
Instead of working on my tractor (trouble shooting the block heater), I spent the day today finishing up some Crop Tree Release on the far corner of my property (part of an EQIP cost-sharing grant I applied for a couple of years ago), and cleaned up a bit of storm damage along the way. On the way back home, I picked up some storm-salvage firewood I had cut a week or so ago.

It was 20-25˚F out with a light breeze (most of which was blocked by the woods). I've come to the conclusion that this is close to the perfect temperature for this sort of work. I can work as hard as I want and not get overheated. Lightweight long underwear, shirt and pants, and a light jacket with adjustable ventilation (once I got going, I took off the jacket).

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,550  
Instead of working on my tractor (trouble shooting the block heater), I spent the day today finishing up some Crop Tree Release on the far corner of my property (part of an EQIP cost-sharing grant I applied for a couple of years ago), and cleaned up a bit of storm damage along the way. On the way back home, I picked up some storm-salvage firewood I had cut a week or so ago.

It was 20-25˚F out with a light breeze (most of which was blocked by the woods). I've come to the conclusion that this is close to the perfect temperature for this sort of work. I can work as hard as I want and not get overheated. Lightweight long underwear, shirt and pants, and a light jacket with adjustable ventilation (once I got going, I took off the jacket).
It’s great when you get perfect working conditions at the right time so you can get a lot done.