tractor tipping question

/ tractor tipping question #51  
However, if one of the wheels falls into a hole, or you're on a slope, then that equation could be shifted towards being unstable. Also narrower wheels on the tractors could reduce the tilt stability. Ultimately it is very uncomfortable.
So how’s it going to work if there is weight on that wheel but it can’t follow the couture when there’s a hole? Now you’re on three wheels best case? And the “90%” of the weight you’re trying to have on the front axle is now on one wheel of the front axle?

/ tractor tipping question #52  
I’m curious as to who is doing these calculations during “butt pucker”?

Whenever my butt has puckered, I just tried to resolve the situation that I’ve gotten myself into and not try to calculate where to put some blocks….
When you go by butt pucker the best thing I’ve found to do is stop whatever I’m doing and try with two trips/less slope/different equipment/…

/ tractor tipping question #53  
Well, my tractor is an exception, as is the little red one pictured above.

You're completely disregarding the stabilizing effect a load in a bucket or on forks can provide.
No sir, your tractor is not an exception. No tractor will tilt towards the light or uphill side, ever. To do so would be to defy the law of gravity. If it appears to do so, it's because something in the weight distribution changed. The load on/in the bucket/forks is, of course, part of the weight distribution calculation. Not that it matters for this discussion, but for what it's worth, I've operated machinery including tractors, skid steers, excavators, wheel loaders, log loaders, cranes of all kinds, telehandlers, forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts etc. etc., ranging in size from 400 lb. lawn tractors to 40 ton excavators for over 30 years. Much of that has been on uneven, hilly or mountainous terrain where being intimately familiar with what the machine was going to do in a given situation was absolutely critical to the success of the job, at minimum, as well as the safety and well being of myself and others.

/ tractor tipping question #54  
No sir, your tractor is not an exception. No tractor will tilt towards the light or uphill side, ever. To do so would be to defy the law of gravity.
Alright, so I guessed correctly. You're mostly thinking hillside, or uneven load.

/ tractor tipping question #56  
Alright, so I guessed correctly. You're mostly thinking hillside, or uneven load.
Of course. On perfectly flat ground, with everything exactly centered, it doesn't matter. A shift in the center of gravity towards one side is what causes objects to tilt or tip.

/ tractor tipping question #59  
It doesn't take much if an uneven load to cause the tractor to tilt. It is more about getting the leverage with the bucket in front of the front axles and a light rear end.
Don’t worry, the blocks will make for a great read in the investigation.
There won't be an investigation if my tractor stays upright, and somebody else's tractor flips with the stock configuration.

If you look at a fork lift, the front axle doesn't pivot, and the engine weight is far to the back. The front tires usually don't even pivot. Some of the off-road fork lifts look like backward tractors (thus a 3pt fork lift mast is probably better than using the bucket).

It is a basic design issue with front buckets on tractors. While the bucket may be fine for carrying dirt or gravel, it is very easy to overload it when using it to load, unload, or haul other items. Then the pivoting front axle makes a very dangerous roll to the side.

For my current uses, I probably wouldn't have chosen the Ford 1715. But it wasn't my choice at the time, and there seems to be a big push towards smaller tractors for the small lots.

/ tractor tipping question #60  
It is a basic design issue with front buckets on tractors. While the bucket may be fine for carrying dirt or gravel, it is very easy to overload it when using it to load, unload, or haul other items. Then the pivoting front axle makes a very dangerous roll to the side.
I find it most interesting when moving something heavy, hanging in chains from the loader bucket at nearly full lift.

Then having minimized the pivot ability would be great.