tractor tipping question

/ tractor tipping question #1  

EdwardL

Tractor
Emax 20
I have a sub-compact, emax 20s with a bucket and backhoe. A couple of times with a heavy load on the front (clamp on forks) I've felt a rear wheel lift off the ground. Lowered the bucket, inched forward, and lowered the backhoe outriggers to help keep from tipping. Is that a stupid think to do? Does it help?

/ tractor tipping question #2  
not familiar with your tractor but a few standard things to counter balance would be - a weight box on the back of the tractor, wheel weights added to rims, and/or load rear tires with liquids like rimguard.

/ tractor tipping question #4  
The Mahindra EMAX 20 is a joint Mitsubishi+Mahindra+Yanmar ventured SCUT machine.

1702864872314.png

There are a few types for the SCUT rear wheels to consider.

1702865798849.png

Deere has stackable SCUT weights.

1702865930159.png

/ tractor tipping question #5  
Clamp on forks puts your center of gravity way out beyond your front axle. When using forks, you should cut your lifting ability by about half to 2/3rds. Being your front axle is a pivot point, Yes, when the back wheels come off the ground, you are very quickly going to lean to one side or the other. Filling the rears might help some. That small of a tractor, I personally wouldn't use forks on it.

/ tractor tipping question #6  
On level ground I can load up a full bucket or forked load and transport material typically with no problem. As the slope increases the amount I place in the bucket needs to be less as the slope increases. This is true especially if I am turning on a steep slope, which I try not to do.
If sometimes it feels unsafe with nothing in the bucket or forks, that is my warning to try a different approach to what I am trying to accomplish. Be safe!

/ tractor tipping question #7  
Quick attach forks will put the load's CG closer to the tractor. With the same load on the forks it will be less likely lift the rear wheels. But it will also let you lift heavier loads, so you will need to temper your desire to heft heavy objects or you'll be back to lifting the rear wheels.

/ tractor tipping question #8  
Quick attach forks will put the load's CG closer to the tractor. With the same load on the forks it will be less likely lift the rear wheels. But it will also let you lift heavier loads, so you will need to temper your desire to heft heavy objects or you'll be back to lifting the rear wheels.
Yeah, his forks are clamp on, though.

/ tractor tipping question #9  
With the backhoe on the tractor, you have all the counterweight your machine needs. Tipping means you are seriously overloading the tractor. someone or something will get hurt.

I dont always overload equipment but,
1022181854.jpg
when I do............. :D