Tractor Show with Pics!

/ Tractor Show with Pics! #11  
nice pics of the old iron. that last pic of the jd looks like our h, except it doesn't have a pto, where ours does. i believe the extra seats were put on for row crop use, easier to see when cultivating. many of the older models had cultivators or fertilizer side dressers or both mounted on the center belly area . again nice pics, there aren't very many old iron shows near me but i do get out and see some at the local fairs which have tractor pulls and ag exhibits.

/ Tractor Show with Pics! #12  
I made it to that show, too.
There's a page of pics at Richburg Tractor Show
Some of them the same tractors George got, and a couple that aren't.
Good luck, Wm

Attachments

• nice doggie.JPG
    nice doggie.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 193
   / Tractor Show with Pics!
Nice pictures. I got a bunch more too. Will post some more later.

/ Tractor Show with Pics! #14  
N80 said:
Nice pictures. I got a bunch more too. Will post some more later.

Any more pics of the GREEN STUFF...:rolleyes:

Also, were there any of the old STEAM TRACTION UNITS?...:)

PaulChristenson said:
Any more pics of the GREEN STUFF...:rolleyes:

Also, were there any of the old STEAM TRACTION UNITS?...:)

I think I have more 'green' pics. The only steam unit was a big free standing engine. Ran all day long. Pop! Woosh!

Here's some green for you Paul:

A 720 with the cool curved fender and lights:

20984DSC4975-med.jpg

Don't know the model but it has nice clean lines:

20984DSC4967-med.jpg

This is a great looking machine. It says 'General Purpose' on the side:

20984DSC4960.jpg

I'll post some 'red' pics in a few minutes.

Here are a few red tractors. For some reason, the jpeg compression seems exaggerated by the red in these pics, sorry.

An Earthway:

20984DSC5033-med.jpg

A Massey-Harris Pony. Never heard of it.

20984DSC4959-med.jpg

Here's an artsy-fartsy one:

20984DSC5021-med.jpg

/ Tractor Show with Pics! #18  
Great pics George! I really like your artsy-fartsy side!!

/ Tractor Show with Pics! #19  
Great pictures. Just keep em coming.

I can well recall the trashing machine. The combine like machine was a reaper or as we called it a "Binder". This was either pulled by horses or converted to be pulled by a tractor. The sheaves were stooked, usually about 6 per stook for drying. Come time for the Trashing the stooks were gathered using a pitchfork and hayrack usually pulled by horses. The machine shown is a small one. Many had wider drum [not proper name] and longer feeder so they could be fed from both sides at the same time. The stooking and trashing were very hard work.:D :D :D

In our part of the country each fall workers from the eastern Canada would come to help with the harvest.:D :D There were even special worker trains put on for the season.

The meals served Threshing Crews were something else again. The table groaned as it was loaded. The crew also had midmorning lunch and mid afternoon lunch each of which would almost comprise a full meal.

In most cases the grain was augured directly into a grain bin. Shoveling the grain in the bin was usually the domain of the younger boys. It was an itchy job. Especially with barley.

Days long gone by. It is hard to realize that this same machinery was used to farm the same acreage that is under cultivation today but now has many fewer workers on the fields.:D :D :D

/ Tractor Show with Pics! #20  
N80 said:
Here's some green for you Paul:

A 720 with the cool curved fender and lights:

20984DSC4975-med.jpg

Don't know the model but it has nice clean lines:

20984DSC4967-med.jpg

This is a great looking machine. It says 'General Purpose' on the side:

20984DSC4960.jpg

I'll post some 'red' pics in a few minutes.

Cool pics...Thanks for the effort...:D

The GP is a real collector's item in that shape...:)...(and I'll even refreain from a safety comment about it...:rolleyes:)

I ran an old 720 when I was a kid...tricycle gear with NO SAFETY EQUIPMENT...what was I thinking...:D