tow behind lawn sweepers

/ tow behind lawn sweepers #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
I need one to sweep up mowed grass clippings. Any particular brand or make to avoid or best for the buck? would tow with small of medium tractor such as Cub Cadet or small MF 205 diesel.
thanks

/ tow behind lawn sweepers #2  
I use a Woods tow behind vaccuum attached to my 72" JD F935. Grass, leaves, dog poop, twigs, plastic bottles, etc. Its a dump trailer.

I also have a nearly new Agrifab trailer vac that was inherited. Same setup. I'd consider selling it if you were interested. I'm slightly north of Ann Arbor. Once you have one of these. A 'lawn sweeper' doesn't fill the bill.

/ tow behind lawn sweepers #3  
I've had one that I bought at TSC about 10 years ago. It's what ever brand they sell but I can't remember right now what it is. I either pull it behind the 4-wheeler or my zero turn without any problems.

It does a great job picking up grass clippings after they dry some overnight. If they're fresh cut it takes a few passes to pick them up but it still works good. I mainly got it to sweep up those da@% balls off of a huge gum tree in the back yard. It works great for that too.

/ tow behind lawn sweepers #4  
I've had one that I bought at TSC about 10 years ago. It's what ever brand they sell but I can't remember right now what it is. I either pull it behind the 4-wheeler or my zero turn without any problems.

It does a great job picking up grass clippings after they dry some overnight. If they're fresh cut it takes a few passes to pick them up but it still works good. I mainly got it to sweep up those da@% balls off of a huge gum tree in the back yard. It works great for that too.

Sounds like the same thing I had and about the same time.:D I, too, towed it behind a Toro ZTR, but now I have a different Toro ZTR with a bagger that's even better.

/ tow behind lawn sweepers #5  
All the tow behind sweepers work pretty much the same way and look the same. Some have a larger collection basket that is good to have.