Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #1  

beowulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3410 HST, J Deere riding mower
I posted this a minute ago but somehow lost it. I hope this does not go in twice. Anyway, my top link is inconveniently short at times - by about 2-3 inches typically. I can make the connection with a bit of hassle and sometimes need to use a lever to lift the back of an implement to tilt it forward.

I have searched here and elsewhere for solutions and in an old TBN post, discussing top link extensions, I found this photo. It seems it would work out for me but I cannot find it anywhere to buy after exhaustive online searching. So, asking if anyone knows where I can find one to buy - assuming it would fit my Kubota L3410.
I have also looked at the 'tongue' -swivel type that attach at the implement end but I prefer the more stable bracket mount to the tractor side. A longer top link cylinder is an option but very expensive.

1712894594769.png

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #2  
If you can weld you could make one. Not that hard. I made one for my L6060 a few years ago and it still works fine. If you don't have the equipment you could get a welding / fab shop to make one or better yet get a friend to make one for you. That's what friends do, lol.

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #3  
I made something similar when I put the PAT's quick hitch extensions on the draglinks. I used some 1/4" plate. Made 2 of them and put a spacer in between them. Been running this for 200 hrs no problem

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #4  
How long is your top link when extended?

Have you compared your top link length with aftermarket top links?

Maybe Cat 2 top lInk with bushings for smaller pins?

Here is a list of sizes from a UK company. Probably comparable sizes are available here.

1712901472413.png

Bruce

Last edited:
   / Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #5  
What sort of implement(s) are you attaching to your 3-point? I have a Kubota M6040. In ALL cases - my top link is more than adequately long.

I wonder. When you lengthen your OEM top link - do both ends extend( unscrew) equally?

If you are only unscrewing one end of the top link - this could be the problem.

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #6  
I wondered the same thing as any factory third link that I have ever hooked up to an implement was sufficient when screwed out, but with that being said the OP knows what he has so I am like some of the other poster's and would try to weld me one up and if not any decent welding shop should be able to cut, fab and weld you one up in short order.

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #7  
He's invested in his aftermarket *hydraulic top link already.
I haven't run across an "extension" like you've pictured, but it would be very simple to fabricate if you weld.
*I think 😉
Maybe altering the attachment could be a non welding solution.

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #8  
He's invested in his aftermarket *hydraulic top link already.
I haven't run across an "extension" like you've pictured, but it would be very simple to fabricate if you weld.
*I think 😉
Maybe altering the attachment could be a non welding solution.
I guess I missed the part about it being an aftermarket hydraulic third link when I responded.

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #9  
I miss something "speed reading" all of the time myself. 😉

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #10  
Hmmmm......I missed that part about the hydraulic top link also.