Tooth bars and breaking tire beads.

/ Tooth bars and breaking tire beads. #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
You guys are going to love this one. My new (used) trailer had a tire with a slow leak. Tonight I pulled the tire to find the leak was at the beads and rim. It was too late to bring it anywhere to have the beads broke and rim cleaned. My tractor was sitting right there looking at me. That tooth bar on the FEL jumped right out at me and said "I can break that tire bead". So I laid the tire on the ground. Put two of the teeth right up on the edge of the rim and used the bucket to break the bead. I cleaned up that side and reseated the tire. Turned it over and broke the other bead and cleaned that one up. I checked both beads after filling it up and no more leaks were spotted. It is truly amazing what you can do with a tooth bar and FEL. I should have taken a picture of that one. Maybe next time as I was too busy to even think about a photo tonight.

/ Tooth bars and breaking tire beads. #2  
I like that!

You got a mutipurpose tool on wheels.

neat story, thanks.
dwight

/ Tooth bars and breaking tire beads. #4  
way to go. I can use that one.

/ Tooth bars and breaking tire beads. #5  
Be careful using the tooth bar to break down tires. I use the teeth on my bucket to break down old tires to haul off and have ripped the sidewalls on some. I does work just be careful.

/ Tooth bars and breaking tire beads.
I used the flat on the bottom side of the teeth to break the bead. I could see where aiming the points downward would indeed punture the tire nicely.

/ Tooth bars and breaking tire beads. #7  
Yes I did that too, however some of the beads stuck really well and the tooth slid down ripping a hole in the sidewall. It does work just be carefull.

/ Tooth bars and breaking tire beads. #8  
Can't wait to get one to break tire beads with! Have used a 2X to lay on the tire and drive my old Ford up on to break the bead loose. Also used a jack under the tractor with the heel of the jack against the rim. Your way sounds way easier!