Tools & equipment that are fantastic.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #481  
Worked as a roofer's helper one summer when I was a teenager. We had to repair a few slate roofs. Always kinda scary since those roofs were steep. Didn't have the modern safety gear back then they do today...the guy I worked with's "safety harness" was a rope knotted under his armpits with me on the other side of the peak holding it. :eek:
Reminds me of an old Readers Digest story. Guy working on his roof decided it would be best to tie himself off to something solid in case he fell. Looking around he found nothing to tie to so he tossed the rope over the house and tied it to the bumper on the car.
I guess he failed to tell his wife of his safety plan because when she noticed she was missing an ingredient for her baking and jumped in the car to run to the store. She backed out of the drive pulling her husband up the roof, then down & off the other side and halfway across the yard before she saw him. :oops::unsure:
That's when the fight started :LOL:

Last edited:
   / Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #482  
Nice....

That is the one thing that has always drove me nuts....is why we cannot standardize batteries and voltages.

We have with alot of batteries. AA, AAA, C, D-cell, 9-volt.

Buy a maglight, or streamlight, or whatever brand it dont matter. You can run energizer, duracell, or dollar store house brand batteries. Dont matter.

Blows my mind why we have to have proprietary batteries and chargers for cordless tools 3-decades after they really started becoming popular.
That's why I have mostly Ryobi tools. I started collecting them when 18v was the thing. Now my buddies have slimmer stronger 20v Dewalt but at 70 yrs I'm not going to change for as little as I use them now.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #483  
Reminds me of an old Readers Digest story. Guy working on his roof decided it would be best to tie off to something solid in case he fell. Looking around he found nothing to tie to so he tossed the rope over the house and tied to bumper on the car.
I guess he failed to tell his wife of his ingenious safety plan because she noticed she was missing an ingredient for her baking and jumped in the car to run to the store. Back out of the drive she pulled her husband up the roof, down & off the other side and halfway across the yard before she saw him. :oops::unsure:
Ouch!!!

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #484  
Nice....

That is the one thing that has always drove me nuts....is why we cannot standardize batteries and voltages.

We have with alot of batteries. AA, AAA, C, D-cell, 9-volt.

Buy a maglight, or streamlight, or whatever brand it dont matter. You can run energizer, duracell, or dollar store house brand batteries. Dont matter.

Blows my mind why we have to have proprietary batteries and chargers for cordless tools 3-decades after they really started becoming popular.
I feel the same about electronic gadgets charging cords/cables. 😖 And various charging adapter port configurations. I believe I heard that in Europe they forced standards on manufacturers.

USB
USB C
MICRO USB
LIGHTENING