Tools & equipment that are fantastic.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #241  
Right now it has the weed whacker head with the nylon fingers.
I like those too, it's amazing what they'll cut. I have a brushy embankment I'll use it on, works almost as well as as a blade, and is more forgiving if you hit a rock.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #242  
I hear ya on the propane forklifts. Don't know how anyone can work around one of them. 5 min. and I'm nauseous.
most Zambonis are propane powered, ice rinks at times would wreak of it. I guess I grew up being used to the smell lol.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #243  
most Zambonis are propane powered, ice rinks at times would wreak of it. I guess I grew up being used to the smell lol.
The early Zamboni’s were built on Willys Jeeps. A restored 1953 on a CJ3B. Propane fueled? The 11th one built by Zamboni.
1676232374622.jpeg

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #244  
The early Zamboni’s were built on Willys Jeeps. A restored 1953 on a CJ3B. Propane fueled? The 11th one built by Zamboni.
View attachment 783631
I do remember a few similar looking ones at various hockey rinks. I remember when I was a kid at one of the rinks we pushed shovels around with skates on into a big pile where older folks shoveled it off the ice. I believe some of the newest ones are now battery powered?

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #245  
A very small, but hopefully helpful contribution:

I was looking for cheap spray paint for attachments & trailer frames that are black.
Lowes sells 12 oz cans of flat black or glossy black spray paint for $2.49. ($2.27 with Lowes card). I was skeptical, so I tried a couple cans on some areas where paint was missing.

Goes on nice & smooth, dries quickly, sticks good. I bought more.

$2.27 for a can of decent spray paint. It’s even made in USA.

1676994798667.jpeg

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #246  
A very small, but hopefully helpful contribution:

I was looking for cheap spray paint for attachments & trailer frames that are black.
Lowes sells 12 oz cans of flat black or glossy black spray paint for $2.49. ($2.27 with Lowes card). I was skeptical, so I tried a couple cans on some areas where paint was missing.

Goes on nice & smooth, dries quickly, sticks good. I bought more.

$2.27 for a can of decent spray paint. It’s even made in USA.

View attachment 784892
Rattle can rebuilds? Lol anyways used similar inexpensive rattle cans for the the entire dump bed of my old dumper with black before I drove it to the great north it actually held up pretty good for 5 years or so also added a two tone black stripe on lower half of rusted out rockers and fenders with it.

Last edited:
   / Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #247  
Love Makita 6095D and DA391D cordless drills with keyless chucks. They are light duty - not really meant for large screws or bolts, but I've used mine for 20 years to disassemble and re-assemble desktop computers. They will run 6 hours, near continuously, doing this sort of work. I've had batteries that lasted 5 years with daily recharging. They are light and fast and the 6095 lets you set the torque very low - important for electronics.
These are nearly free at garage sales, cause big box stores don't sell the 9000 type batteries anymore, but new batteries are available for about $15 on-line. These are also very easy to rebuild and un-phazed by 3 foot drops on to concrete floors.

makitadrills.jpg

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #248  
Those makitas were the drills that really persuaded a lot of people that cordless tools were capable of doing real work. There were other cordless drills that came to market earlier, but makita's drills actually worked.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #249  
Early overpriced Panasonic branded cordless rings a bell with me anyway.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #250  
Those makitas were the drills that really persuaded a lot of people that cordless tools were capable of doing real work. There were other cordless drills that came to market earlier, but makita's drills actually worked.
As happens often, this has changed three times since I paid attention. Started with Makita. Then DeWalt. Now Milwaukee.

Seems like the followers study the current leader and improve on their design to take the lead. Capitalism at it's finest. And we the customer benefit. :)