Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #21  
I agree more a controller issue but how does that explain the brakes not applied when the arm lever is lifted and the motor is not running? the hydraulic pressure is close to zero when the motor is shut ooff.

my old 2005 had the motor shut down in the yard, it was close to impossible to drag it, I made up the jack bolts to back the spring pressure so it would move

I see no way for the brakes to be working with the brake pedal and let the machine roll when the motor is off

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue
it may be possible but I believe brakes are on both front and rear axles, the valve could be stuck holding the pressure, look at the hydraulic diagram and find the valve then crack the hose, if its under pressure it is likely the issue
I'm guessing I have a hydraulic cartridge leak. Either o ring or internal leak on cartridge valve. Gonna change it with rabbit speed.

I agree more a controller issue but how does that explain the brakes not applied when the arm lever is lifted and the motor is not running? the hydraulic pressure is close to zero when the motor is shut ooff.

my old 2005 had the motor shut down in the yard, it was close to impossible to drag it, I made up the jack bolts to back the spring pressure so it would move

I see no way for the brakes to be working with the brake pedal and let the machine roll when the motor is off
It does work when machine is just started I have found. Got a small leak somewhere.

om the old 2005 one I had correct the brakes are spring pressure, thats why the brakes need to see pressure to release, there is also a bolt one can jack the brakes off to load on a trailer,

the brakes ever worked for you
Do you need 1 bolt or 2?

Im not fully understanding the braking system, the brake pedal does apply the brakes but is it reducing the hydraulic pressure to apply the brakes? the brakes are sprung on from what I understand so the brakes are applied to the wheels when the motor is off or the safety lever is lifted, the OP said he has no brakes and the machine will roll.

if indeed he has brakes when applying the brake pedal but no brakes when motor is off or safety lever is lifted it must be 2 systems, have to look at the schematic tonight
To clear this up I don't know when engine off...

Being that the pedal works but not the parking brake, I'm assuming that the system post of the controller is okay. Maybe the controller is bad or signals prior to the controller is the issue. :unsure:
It actually works till warm.. leading me to valve cartridge leak through.

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #29  
Do you need 1 bolt or 2?
From other threads, it sounded like the old TC's could roll with these bolts but newer ones can not.

5600 brake tool.PNG

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #30  
that's correct, you need 2 one per axle works the same on semi trucks rear spring brakes