Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #11  
I'm gonna drive it slow and put it in neutral see if it tries to throw me threw wind shield. I actually think it might be an o ring or the cartridge valve leaking through. If it still acts up I'm gonna switch the rabbit speed cartridge with brake and see..
Maybe compare the ohm readings you get. It sounds like some should be 7-10 ohms while others are 5-8 ohms.

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #12  
the brakes are engaged when all power is off, hydraulic pressure is what releases them, if this machine will roll when shutdown its not a electrical issue, my old machine needed jack bolts to release the brakes to load on a trailer, someone left the transport bolts in

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #13  
the brakes are engaged when all power is off, hydraulic pressure is what releases them, if this machine will roll when shutdown its not a electrical issue, my old machine needed jack bolts to release the brakes to load on a trailer, someone left the transport bolts in
I wonder if it will bleed down with time so then the brakes would be applied?

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #14  
it may be possible but I believe brakes are on both front and rear axles, the valve could be stuck holding the pressure, look at the hydraulic diagram and find the valve then crack the hose, if its under pressure it is likely the issue

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue
In the manual, testing the coil resistance of the solenoid should be done with the red tester lead onto the pin 1 or pin A of the solenoid. Also, you can replace the tester with 12v and see/hear the spool shift.

Edit: The manual also says that most are not polarity dependent. ???
When the coil don't work you won't move.

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #16  
the issue is the brakes are not engaging correct? if so nothing to do with the coils

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #17  
the issue is the brakes are not engaging correct? if so nothing to do with the coils
Yes, but the OP said the brakes work with the brake pedal.

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #18  
Im not fully understanding the braking system, the brake pedal does apply the brakes but is it reducing the hydraulic pressure to apply the brakes? the brakes are sprung on from what I understand so the brakes are applied to the wheels when the motor is off or the safety lever is lifted, the OP said he has no brakes and the machine will roll.

if indeed he has brakes when applying the brake pedal but no brakes when motor is off or safety lever is lifted it must be 2 systems, have to look at the schematic tonight

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #19  
Per the service manual in "drive system":

The brakes are located in the front and rear transaxle housings. Springs apply pressure to a stack of disks that prevent the axles from turning when the drive pedal is not pressed. When the travel direction control lever is shifted, the drive controller sends a signal to the pilot valve where a solenoid allows hydraulic pressure to release the brakes allowing the wheels to turn.

When the brake pedal is pressed, the drive controller reduces the hydrostatic pump output to zero and drops pressure on the manifold allowing springs to relax engaging the brake disks and stopping the machine. The brake pedal does not directly control the brake, the brake pedal supplies an electrical signal to the controller.

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #20  
Being that the pedal works but not the parking brake, I'm assuming that the system post of the controller is okay. Maybe the controller is bad or signals prior to the controller is the issue. :unsure: