Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #1  

bigdan120

So if I hit the brake pedal in my tool cat it will stop but it will not hold itself still or on an incline even if I put it in neutral to park it will drift any ideas?

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #2  
same if you lift the arm rest?

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #3  
I'm not sure how much the older TCs are like the newer TCs. On the newer ones, spring pressure applies the brakes and hyd pressure un-applies the brakes. The pedal, park switch, and arm rest send a signal to the drive controller to control the solenoid that sends pressure to the brakes. If it is only the F-N-R switch that isn't locking the brakes in "park", I would first inspect the switch.

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #4  
om the old 2005 one I had correct the brakes are spring pressure, thats why the brakes need to see pressure to release, there is also a bolt one can jack the brakes off to load on a trailer,

the brakes ever worked for you

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue
I'm not sure how much the older TCs are like the newer TCs. On the newer ones, spring pressure applies the brakes and hyd pressure un-applies the brakes. The pedal, park switch, and arm rest send a signal to the drive controller to control the solenoid that sends pressure to the brakes. If it is only the F-N-R switch that isn't locking the brakes in "park", I would first inspect the switch.
I'm gonna drive it slow and put it in neutral see if it tries to throw me threw wind shield. I actually think it might be an o ring or the cartridge valve leaking through. If it still acts up I'm gonna switch the rabbit speed cartridge with brake and see..

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #7  
will it still roll with the motor shut off, stop on a incline and see

Yes it will roll.

om the old 2005 one I had correct the brakes are spring pressure, thats why the brakes need to see pressure to release, there is also a bolt one can jack the brakes off to load on a trailer,

the brakes ever worked for you
Absolutely worked great till other day.. just won't stay after I use brakes to stop.

/ Toolcat 5600 2003 Brake issue #10  
In the manual, testing the coil resistance of the solenoid should be done with the red tester lead onto the pin 1 or pin A of the solenoid. Also, you can replace the tester with 12v and see/hear the spool shift.

Edit: The manual also says that most are not polarity dependent. ???

Last edited: