Tool rack ideas

/ Tool rack ideas #21  
Where's your periscope?

:)

Bruce
As I mentioned, that was an extreme load on the platform, which it handles fine. The Rubbermaid box contained a chainsaw, gas and oil containers, files and bar wrench and wedges - My self contained chainsaw kit. But heading to the woods for the day it's nice to have two saws, so I strapped a second one on top Rides fine when bungeed on. Returning from the woods pulling a full load in the trailer and a full load on the forks, it was nice to have a place for all the tools. More often, the platform gets loaded with hand tools depending on the job, and they sit low and don't affect vision.
But even with the big load you can see around it. Just like Casey Jones driving the steam engine.

/ Tool rack ideas #23  
Just used some 6" PVC attached to a carryall for shovels, etc. The bucket carries chains.

View attachment 325931

I use something similar.....a pallet that holds all my tools ( with PVC pipe like you have ), but it's not attached to the tractor. Using front forks, I just pick it up and take it with me, or if I'm using bucket on the front, I put a set of forks on the rear lift and take it with me that way.

/ Tool rack ideas
Yep, they are on my eBay watch list, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Here you go Xfaxman. Just acquired and installed a set of quick fists on the fender. They mount up really easy. These are exactly what we always used on the fire trucks for axes, pike poles, drywall hooks and what have you. I just never knew what they were called.

ForumRunner_20140115_133526.png

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Tool rack ideas #25  
Here you go Xfaxman. Just acquired and installed a set of quick fists on the fender. They mount up really easy. These are exactly what we always used on the fire trucks for axes, pike poles, drywall hooks and what have you. I just never knew what they were called.
--------
Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet
Good deal, glad I could help. Soon after I posted, I bought the assortment that is on eBay, very handy. :thumbsup:

/ Tool rack ideas #26  
The grapple I bought from Titan came in an angle iron cage so I built it in and added a door and 3 point hitch setup so i could carry all my stuff. 20140113_164125.jpg

/ Tool rack ideas #27  
View attachment 352896View attachment 352897

I looked around for a place to carry shovels, rakes, and even chainsaws, without interfering with the bucket or 3ph. I decided that the area over the hood was an untapped resource. I modified a set of car-top carrier brackets to fit, and bolted on a piece of flakeboard with a 1x2 edge. Added lots of screw eyes for bungee cords. It's amazing how much can be carried there, and it's right up where you can keep an eye on it.
The platform doesn't interfere with opening the hood, just have to unload it first. All the equipment loaded on in the pictures is extreme, that was for going into the woods to cut firewood.

That's a great idea... and I would use it... IF my hood didnt open up like a car hood! Still might, would just have to fab brackets, hinges, and a quick release latch so it would be self-supporting but open to mimic the hood... unloaded of course. I wouldnt want the weight resting on my flimsey hood and side panels at any time. Just to check the oil, (recomended daily by the book) I have to raise the hood; unfasten little clips (impossible with gloves) to remove side panel; fight side panel around loader arms; check oil; insert dipstick into tube I cannot see due to loader arms; then get side panel back on around loader; etc. A real PITA. I dont check the oil very often... hood rack would just add to the hassle. I may cut a hole in the side panel to get at oil dipstick.

/ Tool rack ideas #28  
That's a great idea... and I would use it... IF my hood didnt open up like a car hood! Still might, would just have to fab brackets, hinges, and a quick release latch so it would be self-supporting but open to mimic the hood... unloaded of course. I wouldnt want the weight resting on my flimsey hood and side panels at any time. Just to check the oil, (recomended daily by the book) I have to raise the hood; unfasten little clips (impossible with gloves) to remove side panel; fight side panel around loader arms; check oil; insert dipstick into tube I cannot see due to loader arms; then get side panel back on around loader; etc. A real PITA. I dont check the oil very often... hood rack would just add to the hassle. I may cut a hole in the side panel to get at oil dipstick.
get a Kioti you do not need to raise the hood to check the oil:D

/ Tool rack ideas #30  
Be easier to cut a hole in the side panel than talk "She Who Must Be Obayed" into trading tractors just so I can check the oil.... which is my plan in the long run. I like my tractor... its the 2nd 'new' thing I have ever gotten. First was my '97 Honda 300 4x4 utl atv, which I still have... and last spring my wife got me a tractor for our anniversary. I'll keep it... and modify to make better! I haven't givin up on the 'hood rack mod' yet...