Too much pressure

/ Too much pressure #1  

JohnBoy1958

Tractor
1969 Ford 3500 Industrial skip loader
On my Ford 745 front loader..I've been thru 2 hyd pumps...the centers keep blowing...how do I fix this?

Attachments

• 20220829_101500.jpg
    20220829_101500.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
   / Too much pressure #3  
A restriction upstream of wherever you take the gauge reading can also cause the pump to see higher pressure than what you measure. If that happens it should be detectable by heat/noise. Either feel it with your hands, temp gun, or potentially a stethoscope as you move along the lines between the pump outlet and your test port location. That's IF you have already tested pressure and it was 'fine'. If not just check that first.

/ Too much pressure #4  
Can you take a couple more pictures of the pump showing where split vs pump inlet and outlet? Hard to determine where split is on the pump in the picture you provided.

Is this loader new to you or a new problem on vehicle you have had for awhile?

Has anything been changed or added on the hydraulic circuit? The relief valve should be the very first thing in the line on the outlet of the pump.

/ Too much pressure #5  
Also show a good picture of the loader valve.

/ Too much pressure #6  
Its gotta have a pressure relief somewhere in the system. In the loader valve or at the pump?

Cant really do anything without a pressure gauge and knowing what its running.

Pumps only move fluid. Pressure only builds when there is a blockage to flow but if the pump is spinning, it HAS to move oil.

What are you doing when the pump split? Trying to lift something heavy? Dead-heading the hydraulics at full stroke of the loader or other attachment?

There is no where close to enough info to answer "how do I fix this"

/ Too much pressure #7  
And as others asked....is this a new problem with an old piece of equipment? Or has something recently been changed and added?

Is this on the 3500? The 735 loader is what was normally paired with the 3000-series industrial tractors. Those used the upright loader posts as the hydraulic reservoir. The 745 was a newer loader IIRC for the 500-series utilities. Bout a decade newer.

Is this a retrofit your trying to install on the 3500? Did you get a cheap generic loader valve with NO pressure relief valve? Or did you recently replace the loader valve and the new one has no relief?