TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,412  
SR, there is no DEF or 'puter in my 2012 Kioti. I removed the grass burner exhaust 4 years ago and put up a 3" straight pipe that exits at the roof level. I get about 14 hours out of a tank of fuel working it hard. That is the way I worked it from day 1. I have about 6 years to go on the long life anti-freeze and this year it will get an oil change. It only gets an oil change every two years (10W30 synthetic) whether it needs it or not. Hydraulic oil got changed 2 years ago when I blew a line. That should be good for another 3 years.:)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,413  
SR, there is no DEF or 'puter in my 2012 Kioti. I removed the grass burner exhaust 4 years ago and put up a 3" straight pipe that exits at the roof level. I get about 14 hours out of a tank of fuel working it hard. That is the way I worked it from day 1. I have about 6 years to go on the long life anti-freeze and this year it will get an oil change. It only gets an oil change every two years (10W30 synthetic) whether it needs it or not. Hydraulic oil got changed 2 years ago when I blew a line. That should be good for another 3 years.:)
Is the hood steel or plastic? What controls the HST, solenoid controlled? How much does it cost to change the oil and filters in that hydro? Does it have an on/off switch for the pto? Does the key switch shut it off?

These are a few of the things that make a tractor very HARD to be a forever tractor.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,414  
Is the hood steel or plastic? What controls the HST, solenoid controlled? How much does it cost to change the oil and filters in that hydro? Does it have an on/off switch for the pto? Does the key switch shut it off?

These are a few of the things that make a tractor very HARD to be a forever tractor.
The hood is steel.
HST rocker pedal controlled.
Hydro change including filters (2) about $500.oo +/-
PTO manual controlled and never used.
Key switch does shut it off. Have an extra new solenoid for the shutdown.
Very seldom gets wet stacked. Almost always gets up to operating temps before I shut it down.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,415  
Moved a mini-bulk container, 1/2 full with water to my farm. (no water source) Using it to mix herbicides & whatever else instead of making the 10 mile drive back home to refill. Then I gathered up 10 bucket loads of trees & trimmings I cut last week to recover some more of the property (old overgrown garden). Sprayed a few acres of clover plots for grasses/broadleafs/fert hopefully for a healthy growing season.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,416  
The hood is steel.
HST rocker pedal controlled.
Hydro change including filters (2) about $500.oo +/-
PTO manual controlled and never used.
Key switch does shut it off. Have an extra new solenoid for the shutdown.
Very seldom gets wet stacked. Almost always gets up to operating temps before I shut it down.
Well, that's certainly better than some of the compacts, you are halfway to a forever tractor. lol

I paid $3500.00 for this one in the early/mid 1980's, it's a modern 30 hp tractor with 3 point that has position and draft control, full hydraulics, power steering, live power ect.., it also had a Howard Rotavator on the back.

Deutz-30-06-S.jpg

As I said, I paid $3,500.00 for it and over the years I put 500 hours on it Rotavating for customers, and I cleared $35.00 for every one of those hours I worked it! Do the math on that, plus all the work it's done for me and is STILL working for me!

Total cost for parts I've bought for it since the "80's", about 10 bucks for a brass elbow on a hydraulic pipe that had a crack in it, and started to leak. Everything else has just been maintenance.

NOW, that's a forever tractor!

SR

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,417  
Well, that's certainly better than some of the compacts, you are halfway to a forever tractor. lol

I paid $3500.00 for this one in the early/mid 1980's, it's a modern 30 hp tractor with 3 point that has position and draft control, full hydraulics, power steering, live power ect.., it also had a Howard Rotavator on the back.

Deutz-30-06-S.jpg

As I said, I paid $3,500.00 for it and over the years I put 500 hours on it Rotavating for customers, and I cleared $35.00 for every one of those hours I worked it! Do the math on that, plus all the work it's done for me and is STILL working for me!

Total cost for parts I've bought for it since the "80's", about 10 bucks for a brass elbow on a hydraulic pipe that had a crack in it, and started to leak. Everything else has just been maintenance.

NOW, that's a forever tractor!

SR
I'll say! You got an awesome deal there!

My 2012 cost me with a front mount snow blower and cab and the loader $31,000.oo. Cab only has heat. If I would have gotten the CK 35 I could of had A/C as well. But at the time I was only using it for snow removal. Plunked 10 grand down and financed the rest over 5 years. All mine in 2017 and sat and thought about the grass burner until 2020, then changed the exhaust. It might be a little loud to some people but my winter customers have never complained. I only plow in daylight and the exhaust comes out of the manifold 1.75" and goes up into a 3" stack. The bigger stack dulls down the bark somewhat. I can dull it down more IF I was to go with a 4" stack.