TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,631  
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,632  
I taught wife to shoot from the hip. A 12 ga with 00 buck to me is so versatile. These are H&R, I'm thinking $79 new. I told wife if someone breaks in use 12ga with #9...then 10 with a slug...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,633  
Same! I bought my wife a 20ga pump years ago. It's got a full tube of #4 with an empty but open chamber. It sits on her side of the bed, underneath. She knows that if something goes bump, and I get up, to grab the 20ga and slide the action forward to chamber a round. Grab her cell phone with 911 dialed, but not sent...yet. Not until she hears either yelling or shots. A 20ga loaded with #4 at in home range, would really give someone a bad day. Wide enough pattern that she could shoot it without aiming. Not as powerful to go though several walls to our children if aimed in that direction.

The only problem is that I 'man-splain' everything to her. She is a surgeon with her shotgun! 😳

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,635  
Same! I bought my wife a 20ga pump years ago. It's got a full tube of #4 with an empty but open chamber. It sits on her side of the bed, underneath. She knows that if something goes bump, and I get up, to grab the 20ga and slide the action forward to chamber a round. Grab her cell phone with 911 dialed, but not sent...yet. Not until she hears either yelling or shots. A 20ga loaded with #4 at in home range, would really give someone a bad day. Wide enough pattern that she could shoot it without aiming. Not as powerful to go though several walls to our children if aimed in that direction.

The only problem is that I 'man-splain' everything to her. She is a surgeon with her shotgun! 😳
You need to watch this. Penetration is more than you may believe.

Anything that will neutralize a threat will go through a number of interior walls. Just the reality of having enough killing power.

At home ranges, (figure about 5-7 yards) there is little pattern to work with (5-8") ....aim the shotgun or at least practice shooting from the hip. Not hard to hip shoot and hit a person size target with about 30 minutes of training.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,636  
Well, the SBR bill passed this afternoon and that will make literally millions of owners felons in possession if they don't get the stamp.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,637  
Pattern spread is about one inch per yard, in the US.

In the rest of the world, it spreads about 2.5 centimeters per meter.

:)

Bruce

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,638  
I guess we all have stories to tell, hopefully this will be interesting.
I grew up on a farm in the 50s and my brother and I, probably like many here, started as kids with Daisy Red Ryder BB guns, but shooting everything else at a very young age. My brother got first choice of most things and grandfather next door gave him a blunderbuss (I think it's called, barrel like a trumpet) and gave me his old shotgun.
We were teenagers and I thought it would be neat to saw the stock and barrel off the shotgun. From memory about 16" long.
We would shoot the back of a barn and close, like 30 ft away pellets would fan out.
It wasn't easy to shoot (recoil)!
Anyway, I kept it under my bed.
Then when I was 18 one night I hear a car coming up our long driveway at midnight, so I grabbed gun, ran outside. It was a good friend of mine so I tossed it in the seat of his car & sat down.
He said his clutch was slipping so I said let's go up the road a bit and show me.
Stupid teenagers!
So he drives around a business that had a steep parking lot...then a deputy appears! That place had break-ins and it's about 1am!
All was well until I lean forward and deputy spots that sawed-off shotgun!
So it's off to jail, a guy shows up from ATF, measures it and I'm charged two felony counts!!! My life is over I thought!
(Why am I telling this story? )
So I call home...they thought I was in bed! Dad bails me out, posting the farm! It wasn't a nice ride home!
By now it's daybreak...everyone is up, yelling, etc.,...except my dear sweet Grandmother said why not let me speak?
Anyway Dad hires a lawyer, Grandad writes a letter to the judge who laughs saying here...take it home and put it over your fireplace.
ATF guy takes it saying it's still illegal as my Mom is yelling we don't want it.
So...anyone have an amusing stupid kid gun stories to share?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,639  
You need to watch this. Penetration is more than you may believe.

Anything that will neutralize a threat will go through a number of interior walls. Just the reality of having enough killing power.

At home ranges, (figure about 5-7 yards) there is little pattern to work with (5-8") ....aim the shotgun or at least practice shooting from the hip. Not hard to hip shoot and hit a person size target with about 30 minutes of training.
While I agree completely, I'm not too concerned about the penetration of her shotgun. The reason being is my children's rooms are not in the path of our bedroom entryway. In fact, they are on the complete other side. I'd be more concerned about the penetration of my 556 that I have while clearing said house. My military experience, and knowing where the bad angles are (I actually do practice this) are way more important to me. I'd be shocked if her 20ga went across the house through our bedroom wall, across the living room, through the kitchen missing the appliances and cabinets, through the kitchen wall, through the hallway walls, into a bedroom. I'm not saying its impossible, but extremely unlikely.

What we (wife and I) were looking for, for her defense weapon, was her comfort level. Like I said, she is a surgeon with that thing. Seriously. She is very comfortable and knowledgeable. But I still hammer in do's and don'ts (man-splaining). If I was to give her my AR for example, she would not be so confident or comfortable. We have practiced, and trained, and her 20ga is best suited for her.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,640  
Well, the SBR bill passed this afternoon and that will make literally millions of owners felons in possession if they don't get the stamp.
What bill? All I know is an ATF RULE, not an actual bill of law.

SBR have been a NFA item a long time just like suppressors, I am not aware of any changes.