To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID"

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #11  
Not really...A drivers license allows you to drive just about anywhere (try that with just a PP)...if the Lic. has a star it is all that is required to get a passport.
who flies internationally that does not already have a PP?

The subject at hand is flying, not driving. Nobody is stating that a passport will work for driving.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #12  
Starting Oct 1st, you will need a "Real ID" compliant ID to fly in the US. You will also need one to enter some federal buildings and military bases. A couple years ago when I renewed my license, I took the extra documents in and got my "real id". You need the one with the star on it.

Wisconsin DMV Official Government Site - Real ID

This is 2019. That is 2020. You still have 15 months. Don't panic. :shocked:

:)

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID"
This is 2019. That is 2020. You still have 15 months. Don't panic. :shocked:

:)

My bad.....your right. I just heard them on the radio talking about it so I goofed.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #14  
My bad.....your right. I just heard them on the radio talking about it so I goofed.

That's OK. I keep checking my license to see if I got the star or not. I did, a year and a half ago, yet still keep checking! :laughing:

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #15  
Maybe these will be useful now....

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0D568E35-F4B8-490A-A233-D7F89A449D2C.jpeg
    0D568E35-F4B8-490A-A233-D7F89A449D2C.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 348
   / To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #16  
Brother - you are so right, ruffdog. Just look at the confusion here with this small sampling.

As I read it - after October, 2020. The document that will allow you to fly internationally WILL NOT allow you fly from New York to LA.

Your PP is but one of four documents required to obtain a "Real ID". Your "Real ID" will be required, not you PP, to fly from New York to LA.

There is SURELY going to be some MAD folks at the airports.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #17  
Brother - you are so right, ruffdog. Just look at the confusion here with this small sampling.

As I read it - after October, 2020. The document that will allow you to fly internationally WILL NOT allow you fly from New York to LA.

Your PP is but one of four documents required to obtain a "Real ID". Your "Real ID" will be required, not you PP, to fly from New York to LA.

There is SURELY going to be some MAD folks at the airports.

You will still be able to use your passport for domestic flights.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #18  
I don't fly. I don't go to military bases. I don't plan on ever going to a Federal Courthouse again.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #20  
Yes- typically states that offer non compliant IDs are doing so for political reasons.

RNeumann - and what would those political reason be??? You know - some folks simply don't need or want a "real ID".

Government intrusion. State's Rights. You know, all that 'big Government' people are against.

I don't really care about any of that either way, but I do care about the fee going from $10 for four years to something like $40 or $50. Uncle Sam arm twists States over something, Uncle Sam should dig out his wallet and pony up the associated costs so us wee-uns don't get zinged.