To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID"

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #1  

ruffdog

Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5610G, Deere X744, Cub Cadet IH 982
Starting Oct 1st, you will need a "Real ID" compliant ID to fly in the US. You will also need one to enter some federal buildings and military bases. A couple years ago when I renewed my license, I took the extra documents in and got my "real id". You need the one with the star on it.

Wisconsin DMV Official Government Site - Real ID

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #2  
Yes- typically states that offer non compliant IDs are doing so for political reasons.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #3  
It looks difficult - at first. But with a certified birth certificate and a drivers license with your picture - you have it made. A passport will also suffice. Need your social security card and a couple documents showing your place of residence.

In WA state it's called an EDL - Enhanced Drivers License. Also referred as - "real ID".

Last edited:
   / To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #4  
RNeumann - and what would those political reason be??? You know - some folks simply don't need or want a "real ID".

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID"
I'm just wondering how much chaos will be at the airport counters on 10/1/19?

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #6  
Starting Oct 1st, you will need a "Real ID" compliant ID to fly in the US.
Um, according to CA DMV site, that is next year (2020) and you don't NEED one, you can use your passport instead.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #7  
Well - ruffdog - I would say quite a bit of chaos. I've know about enhanced/real ID for quite some time. Needed to get in/out of Canada. Your original post - first I've heard that it will be necessary to fly.

Folks will find that just a passport isn't going to cut it. Strange, very strange. You would think that the Airlines Assoc would be clogging the airwaves with this news.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #8  
Folks will find that just a passport isn't going to cut it.
Yeah! Try handing a police officer your passport and see what he says. There is very minimal printed information on the passport (such as your address) that they would like to see.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #10  
...they are more powerful than a Real ID even...

Not really...A drivers license allows you to drive just about anywhere (try that with just a PP)...if the Lic. has a star it is all that is required to get a passport.
who flies internationally that does not already have a PP?