To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #1  

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
Teach me about Kubota's DEF. I have never had a tractor with the emissions system but now I'm driving one. What are the dos and don'ts while driving.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #2  
Cleanliness of the fluid and the area around the filler neck has to be a priority.
Don't forget to top it up every now and then.

Otherwise enjoy the clean air.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #3  
Can't wait until someone offers a delete package for the Kubota tractors. I would love to get rid of the wasteful DPF on my MX5400.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #4  
Teach me about Kubota's DEF. I have never had a tractor with the emissions system but now I'm driving one. What are the dos and don'ts while driving.
DO NOT allow the DEF to get old.

Repeat: DO NOT allow the DEF to get old.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #5  
Don't contaminate your DEF fluid and work the engine so it runs at a good operating temperature.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #6  
Can't wait until someone offers a delete package for the Kubota tractors. I would love to get rid of the wasteful DPF on my MX5400.
The EPA is getting really strict on this and are fining companies that offer delete kits. With tractors not being driven on the road we’ll see what happens but messing with emissions equipment is a big no-no now. My 3500 is now out of warranty and went looking for a delete kit, there aren’t any….

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #7  

Please clarify...you now have a Kubota that you have to use DEF fluid in? Or just a newer Kubota that has a DPF filter on it? My M7060 has the DPF but does not require DEF.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system.
Please clarify...you now have a Kubota that you have to use DEF fluid in? Or just a newer Kubota that has a DPF filter on it? My M7060 has the DPF but does not require DEF.
At work (if you want to call it work) I'm driving a Kubota that uses DEF Fluid. The tractor runs almost continuously during a 9 hour shift, it has some instructions on top of the dash about the icons but it is not readable half of it has been torn off. it is a Kubota M6H-101 Hydraulic shuttle (no cab). I'm mostly concerned about When it regenerates, the RPMs, What happens if it is interrupted etc. . . I was told it should run at 2,000 RPM at all times, not just during regeneration, but that just seems a waste of fuel and very loud.

Thanks for the recommendations so far.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #9  
I'd be very careful about the fuel I put in it as well. Kubota common rail injection systems are very contaminate sensitive. In fact the new Kubota's are now being delivered with external fuel polishing filters similar to the Racor. Even though mine are both pre 4 mechanical injection, I installed fuel polishing pre filters on both of them. Better safe than sorry.

Stock Kubota filters, the pass rate is 80 microns. The external pre filter is 30 microns and the ones I have remove 98% of any water as well. It all goes in the clear sump bowl that you can drain. Cheap insurance.

Bought the Conus filters on Amazon and added the Racor spin on filter to them.

/ To do and not to do with Kubota DEF system. #10  
Teach me about Kubota's DEF.
I have never had a tractor with the emissions system but now I'm driving one. What are the dos and don'ts while driving.

A Deere 3032 does NOT use DEF = Diesel Exhaust Fluid.

A Deere 3032 does have a DPF = Diesel Particulate Filter.